• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$3.95

Cali, are you really so fickle that you wouldn't pay less than $5 to go to an Angel game? I am not saying that is wrong, I just don't understand. I totally get being frustrated with this team based on expectations, but to not go to a game for basically free, that I don't understand. I guess this is how I see it. Going into the season I expected this team to make it to the playoffs. That appears to no longer be the case. But that doesn't mean, at least for me, that I can't go to a game and enjoy it on a game by game basis. I am guessing the fact that I grew up going to the stadium when they always sucked might have something to do with it for me. But I just truly love being at the stadium and watching the only sport I truly love. I enjoy basketball and football, but baseball is my passion and without it, something just feels like it is missing.

I understand your argument Stradling, but that's really the thing: I can't enjoy going to the park on a game by game basis right now, because this team has not played good baseball in 3+ years! I can enjoy listening to them on the radio or watching it on TV, but that's because I know I can shut it off. And even through radio or TV I cringe when I see or hear how these guys play. It's so bad. 

The Angels are my favorite ball club no doubt, gone to their games since t-ball, so I'm not sure fickle is the right word. I'd say a more accurate word is stubborn. I am definitely of the attitude that I am not going to reward them with my attendance for playing crappy baseball.

If it was $5 total for me to park and get into the stadium to watch the game, I might consider it. But I went to a couple games last year, even organized as many as 6-8 of my friends and their girlfriends to go to the games, and I have to say I regretted it. The time, the money, it was just awful. Even one of my buddies who doesn't know much about baseball kept wondering why they kept watching strikes go by to swing at balls and hit pussy dribblers. Another friend wondered why they changed a pitcher who was fooling batters the previous inning. To hear it from my friends magnified the fact that this team, in this big stadium, with all the glitz and glamour, still weren't fooling anybody. 

Here's the thing: if the games are good, close, fun to watch, and the Angels lose in the process, I'm fine with that. You can't win 'em all, and I can excuse the loss because it was a fun game to watch. When I spend time and spend money to go to a game, all I ask is to see good baseball. And from when I started watching this team when I was young, up until a couple years ago, the Angels used to play good baseball.

But the bottom line is right now this team just doesn't play good baseball. And I'm not going to pay them to watch it. 

Here's the thing: if the games are good, close, fun to watch, and the Angels lose in the process, I'm fine with that. You can't win 'em all, and I can excuse the loss because it was a fun game to watch. When I spend time and spend money to go to a game, all I ask is to see good baseball. And from when I started watching this team when I was young, up until a couple years ago, the Angels used to play good baseball.

But the bottom line is right now this team just doesn't play good baseball. And I'm not going to pay them to watch it. 

^^^ 

This x100

The last few times I've gone to games with casual baseball friedns the games have been super depressing. Like Angels getting hits only to erase the baserunners due to hit and run blunders or grounding into double plays. Then the Angels snatching defeat from the jaws of victory after bringing the blowpen in.

Games back in the late '90s / early '00s were more entertaining to watch as the team actaully had a bullpen that could give the team a chance to come back and walk off, evne though those teams were mostly at or below .500 there weren't nearly as many depressing blunders as I see in Angels baseball today.

If someone paid for my flight from DEN to SNA (or LAX, or ONT) and my rental car and my hotel room, then I wouldn't mind paying $3.95 to go to the game.

Tickets are at the gate; car's waiting for you; game's on Cali.... you gotta put-out after tho.

I look at it this way, it's cheaper than a movie, lasts longer, it's live, you can drink all you want, you don't have to turn off your cell phone or be quiet. As a matter of fact I'm at the game right now, it's warm but pretty nice out right now.

$11 for 3 tix....picked up from stub hub...same lot $5 parking....pounded beers in the lot bc today is my friday...paid under $20 for parking and tix...id do that many times more with my 2 brothers... whether we suck or not