• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question about an MCL & ACL injury

Chuck

2 hours ago, Tank said:

chuck, have you seen an orthopedist yet? the aw medical staff's knowledge on this has severe limits. you need to see an expert.

I haven't. My doc said we can schedule a visit this Friday (a week after the incident) if it's still in pain. 

30 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

A good ortho will have a wait. I would book an appointment now. You can always cancel.

Yeah it looks like I will need to see one. I ramped up bending my knee yesterday when I walked, rather than dragging it via the limp. It felt fine yesterday, but today it's back to being sore. Feels just as sore as it did the day after the injury. Ugh! 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah it looks like I will need to see one. I ramped up bending my knee yesterday when I walked, rather than dragging it via the limp. It felt fine yesterday, but today it's back to being sore. Feels just as sore as it did the day after the injury. Ugh! 

make the call, buddy.

• 2 years later...

hi all,

I tore my ACL 1st week of Jan 2020. However my doc advised me not to go for surgery immediately and to wait awhile.

After a months rest I started walking as usual and the occasional run in-between as well. All this while things were ok. However now I find after a walk my knee is swollen.

At the time of the injury there was blood that was extracted from the knee. I'm wondering now if the swelling is connected to this?  

The swelling means inflammation which means you are probably not completely healed from the tear. Tears take multiple months so put away the running shoes and get one of those compression sleeves to take some pressure off the joint, even just for daily walking. 

On 3/31/2020 at 10:15 AM, Keener said:

I am amazed, confused, and impressed that their first post after joining Angelswin is asking medical advice on a thread that has been inactive for over 2 years.  Is it a longtime poster with a new name?

And he hasn't been back since that post.

Suckers.