• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Ten Games Back

`

we need to reel off like 6-8 in a row and then win a few series in a row and see where we are.   Gonna be really tough when you are built on offense with the two big sluggers as the centerpiece hitting like they collided heads and forgot what they were doing. 

Wait, didn't I read on this board that we were fine? I read that Oakland erased a 5 game deficit last season with 9 games to go. So they moved the bar 6 spaces in 9 games. Using that information we can look and see we have 125 games left and deduce that it's quite possible we win the division by 73.333 games. So I don t see what the big deal is. We got this. You guys worry too much.

I remember when the 1978 Yankees trailed the Red Sox by 14.5 games at the All Star break. They came all the way back to win the division. We don't need to win the division but we need Mike Scioscia to start throwing some chairs and break some tables like the late great Billy Martin.

Yeah, I know Pujols basically refuses to sit out games, but he looks like he is constant pain. Sit him for a week or so. Let that foot heal. Maybe that will cause Hamilton to step up and break out of his funk.

You really can't rest his foot problem and get any gains from it.

One of our two big sluggers can hardly walk at this point.

I too thought the Angels should sit Pujols until I watched him try and beat out the slow roller to third last night.  He looks like one of the few Angels who has the balls to play hard under difficult circustances, and care about it.  I am not sure how many other Angels would continue to play, or play as hard under those conditions.

Jason Giambi played with the same injury until he finally tore it. He then had surgery and missed almost three months of the season.

I'm beginning to think if the Halos loko like they're out of contention by June they should put Pujols on the 60 day DL and shut him down for the season. Maybe do surgery rather than risking more injuries due to overcompesation trying to play in spite of the Plantar Fasciitis.

I don't know what they should do with him. He's played 1895 career games and I doubt that the 34 year old Albert will be any better than the 33 year old Albert. The mileage is starting to really show.

OPS, last four years:

.707 (this year, limited sample size)