• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RepubliKlans

Put this in another thread but I think it deserves its own.

Holocaust denier is running unopposed in the Republican primary for an Illinois seat in congress.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/holocaust-denier-arthur-jones-republican-3rd-congressional-district-lipinski-newman/

Another great reason to never vote Republican again.

Not exactly the Republicans' fault in this case. No one else wanted to bother running since they'd just get smashed in the general election. How many Republicans even live in this district? So this nut job runs instead. Makes a good headline. But trying to imply this story reflects on their party, compared to the million other things that actually do, seems kind of silly. The local Republicans disavowed him. He'll die a painful death in the general election. Non-story. Move on.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Not exactly the Republicans' fault in this case. No one else wanted to bother running since they'd just get smashed in the general election. How many Republicans even live in this district? So this nut job runs instead. Makes a good headline. But trying to imply this story reflects on their party, compared to the million other things that actually do, seems kind of silly. The local Republicans disavowed him. He'll die a painful death in the general election. Non-story. Move on.

That isn't how I see it.  They should put money into putting someone else on the ballot.  

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That isn't how I see it.  They should put money into putting someone else on the ballot.  

So the party should coerce someone to run a futile campaign? How exactly do they manage that? Are you suggesting they should perhaps bribe them to run? Pay them a salary? How would that even work?

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So the party should coerce someone to run a futile campaign? How exactly do they manage that? Are you suggesting they should perhaps bribe them to run? Pay them a salary? How would that even work?

Not sure Thomas, just think its a black stain and they should do what they can to fix it.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

i think it’s worth noting that these types always seem to believe their ideological kin are on the conservative side of the spectrum.   One would hope that fact would inspire at least some self reflection. 

dems hands aren't clean:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/29/communist-party-usa-working-with-the-democratic-pa/

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i think it’s worth noting that these types always seem to believe their ideological kin are on the conservative side of the spectrum.   One would hope that fact would inspire at least some self reflection. 

you know what? the rent is too damn high.

18 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

So that they can spend money on a futile effort, and then running out of money on something that matters, having to resort to gift wrapping someone for president, since they have the funds and the party is broke?

20 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The party is not broke.  It is still raising more money than the dems.  So I don't think it will be any burden whatsoever.  Also, this is the primary.

So how exactly would you fix the problem? Seeing as you have one candidate who volunteered to run.

Send out flyers saying they disavow this guy.  Do something so the story changes from "Holocaust Denier runs unopposed as for the Republican seat in  Congress" to something like "Republicans doing all they can to stop Holocaust Denier from winning Republican Primary for Congress"

26 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Send out flyers saying they disavow this guy.  Do something so the story changes from "Holocaust Denier runs unopposed as for the Republican seat in  Congress" to something like "Republicans doing all they can to stop Holocaust Denier from winning Republican Primary for Congress"

How exactly do you stop a person from winning a one person primary?

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Like I already said, don't know but they aren't trying anything.  

From your cited article I wouldn't say this was nothing.

Tim Schneider, chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, said in a statement to the Sun-Times, “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District.”