Sign in to follow this  
RallyMo

Devin Nunes is an insincere, freedom-infringing, sycophantic and wholly unscrupulous career politician.

Recommended Posts

So I read the memo from start to finish. There's some troubling stuff, indeed. I'm sure it doesn't tell the whole story, but it's concerning.

After I read it, I did a quick Googs to see which way he voted when it came to the recent reauth/expansion of surveillance powers relevant to the abuses he alleges in his memo.

I'm pretty cynical, so I was assuming that he had voted for it.

He didn't just vote for it, he was the one that introduced the bill to the House:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/fisa_amendments_reauthorization_act_of_2017_bill_text.pdf

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/devin-nunes-expands-surveillance-powers,36034.html

F*ck this guy. What a weasel.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

FISA just needs to be put in an incinerator tbh.

Devin Nunes has your back on this. He's seen the abuses and is clearly genuinely concerned about them.

Oh wait, he's a true bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

So I read the memo from start to finish. There's some troubling stuff, indeed. I'm sure it doesn't tell the whole story, but it's concerning.

After I read it, I did a quick Googs to see which way he voted when it came to the recent reauth/expansion of surveillance powers relevant to the abuses he alleges in his memo.

I'm pretty cynical, so I was assuming that he had voted for it.

He didn't just vote for it, he was the one that introduced the bill to the House:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/fisa_amendments_reauthorization_act_of_2017_bill_text.pdf

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/devin-nunes-expands-surveillance-powers,36034.html

F*ck this guy. What a weasel.

 

 

Most of our elected officials are perfectly fine with illegal and abusive surveillance against it's citizens. In this case it works out for him politically. When it comes to political gain there isn't very much integrity. If this memo had damning evidence against Trump the Dems would be treating it like the holy grail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Most of our elected officials are perfectly fine with illegal and abusive surveillance against it's citizens. In this case it works out for him politically. When it comes to political gain there isn't very much integrity. If this memo had damning evidence against Trump the Dems would be treating it like the holy grail. 

Obviously.

I'll sum up your post: I totally agree with RallyMo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

FISA       The first letter stands for Foreign,   not Trump Tower.

EITWAGOIDNMDNALOAPOSYG

The first letter stands for "Even."

The remainder stands for "if that weren't a gross oversimplification, it does not make Devin Nunes any less of a piece of shit, you goofball."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expansion of surveillance aside, it basically comes down to this: certain people in various groups and possibly the government hated Trump's guts, made up a 'dossier' full of lies, then sold it to a judge to get Trump and his associates wiretapped, so some real dirt might be found and discredit his run for the presidency.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

EITWAGOIDNMDNALOAPOSYG

The first letter stands for "Even."

The remainder stands for "if that weren't a gross oversimplification, it does not make Devin Nunes any less of a piece of shit, you goofball."

love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Expansion of surveillance aside, it basically comes down to this: certain people in various groups and possibly the government hated Trump's guts, made up a 'dossier' full of lies, then sold it to a judge to get Trump and his associates wiretapped, so some real dirt might be found and discredit his run for the presidency.

 

 

So what does a righteous individual who believes all this to be true, knows about this and is destined to write a soon to be released memo about such alleged abuses do?

He introduces a bill that expands these surveillance powers, of course!

Which...

MAKES HIM A GIANT PIECE OF SHIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Expansion of surveillance aside, it basically comes down to this: certain people in various groups and possibly the government hated Trump's guts, made up a 'dossier' full of lies, then sold it to a judge to get Trump and his associates wiretapped, so some real dirt might be found and discredit his run for the presidency.

 

 

Also, how can you write "expansion of surveillance aside" when that's what this thread is about? There's another thread that covers the memo and its implications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Also, how can you write "expansion of surveillance aside" when that's what this thread is about? There's another thread that covers the memo and its implications.

I'll grant you his hypocrisy and will check out the other thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the shadow gov't is alive and well!

good to see it's being manned by people concerned about the rights of the individual  their donors, no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Expansion of surveillance aside, it basically comes down to this: certain people in various groups and possibly the government hated Trump's guts, made up a 'dossier' full of lies, then sold it to a judge to get Trump and his associates wiretapped, so some real dirt might be found and discredit his run for the presidency.

 

 

Again, Trump wasn't wiretapped.  The only wiretap evidence that is known is of the Russian ambassador discussing a conversation he had with Kushner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is again reminiscent of the outrage in Washington when many of the DNC memos were leaked or Asange loaded tons of documents onto wiki leaks. There were many damning things in those documents and many in congress were calling for Asanges head. Not a single one of them apologized for all shifty things in the documents, but they were pissed that all of it was revealed.

shadow gov't is okay. FISA stuff is okay. It's all about keeping power, control, and wealth. They have it,and we don't.

 

Edited by Tank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tank said:

This is again reminiscent of the outrage in Washington when many of the DNC memos were leaked or Asange loaded tons of documents onto wiki leaks. There were many damning things in those documents and many in congress were calling for Asanges head. Not a single one of them apologized for all shifty things in the documents, but they were pissed that all of it was revealed.

shadow gov't is okay. FISA stuff is okay. It's all about keeping power, control, and wealth. They have it,and we don't.

 

Because I've been on a serious Carlin kick
 

“Government want to tell you things you can't say because they're against the law, or you can't say this because it's against a regulation, or here's something you can't say because its a...secret; "You can't tell him that because he's not cleared to know that." Government wants to control information and control language because that's the way you control thought, and basically that's the game they're in.”

― George Carlin

"It's a big club, and you ain’t in it!  You, and I, are not in the big club. By the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe" 

― George Carlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this