• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Hamilton and his contract to get back Wells?

Impossible scenario, but just for giggles-

Would you just rather take your chances with Hamilton? Vernon Wells has, what, 2 years left on the contract? He'd prob revert back to the Wells we know and- well,that we know.  Hamilton's contract ties us up for 5 more years. What would you do if that trade were possible for you to make?

We pretty much got Wells for a few more years. It's really annoying. I'm sick of watching guys across the league get big deals then do absolutely nothing. I wish there was no guaranteed money in baseball. It's bullshit

We need to transition baseball to an NFL model: instant replay, free agency, and salary caps for the teams.

We pretty much got Wells for a few more years. It's really annoying. I'm sick of watching guys across the league get big deals then do absolutely nothing. I wish there was no guaranteed money in baseball. It's bullshit

I'm the opposite, I look up to guys like Carl Pavano and Jason Schmidt.

Hell yes.

They are paying half of his contract anyways and his contract runs only one more year.

Otherwise the Angels are stuck with shitty Hamilton for 4 more years after this one.

I would rather spend 15 million per year and sign Shin Soo Choo.

Don't think so.

Would trade Wells and not sign Hamilton to huge contract, though......oh, many of us said just that at the time.

Wells has been playing pretty well (as opposed to Wells like last year).......hit another HR today, I think -- and stole a base.

Change of scenery/ regular playing time has done wonders for him.

Angels are quickly becoming Seattle in terms of F/A flops.  Guys with great stats come here and greatly under-perform........

Going to be hard to fill the seats at the ballyard this year come August, September.....expect attendance to be down about 500,000 or so (even though the LA Times reported today that attendance is up this year -- may plummet badly if Halos have another 2012 like season which appears to be the case at this point).

Guaranteed money is the only thing that makes sense. Why would you sign a contract if you don't intend to honor it?

It works for the NFL. I guess it's more up to the teams to quit falling for it more than anything. I'm just frustrated with Hamilton big time

Hamilton has been far from a superstar for a decent number of at bats spanning the end of last year thru the beginning of this one.  It's not like he's in a bad slump at this point.  Something is wrong and there is no indication that he is capable of fixing the problem any time soon.  Will he suddenly snap out of it and be the old Josh?  Maybe.  Could this go on and perhaps never get better?  Maybe.  The problem is that the former is probably less likely at this point. 

Guaranteed money is the only thing that makes sense. Why would you sign a contract if you don't intend to honor it?

What's wrong with having a clause in the contract that says you have to make the team to get paid?

The NFL gets it right.

Trading Hamilton would surely see him start putting up MVP-type numbers again while Wells in Anaheim, well, we read that script for years. There seems to be something about being in an Angel's uniform that (unfortunately) pretty much assures under-performing and suckage if you're a high-priced acquisition.