• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 20 OC Albums of All Time

Brandon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrice is great.

Last year when they did their final tour run the SD, OC, and LA shows sold out so fast. I never even seen anything like that with Ticketmaster. So I bought tickets to the Portland show and we decided to make a trip out of it for a week. (They later added OC dates)

A great nostalgic experience, but we also were the lucky ones of the tour because it was the only stop where Dustin came out after the show to the parking lot and did an acoustic set.

One of my all time favorite bands.

Sublime played in a few OC (mostly Huntington Beach) backyards, but they were definitely Long Beach.  Understandable tho, as LB is claimed as North-OC for it's non-violent contributions...

There's a sh*t ton of bands that could've made that list... Just off the top of my head-  Cadillac Tramps (SantaAna)- later morphed into Rule62 (I filled-in playing drums for some of their "off-broadway" shows), Big Drill Car (HB), Farside (HB), Something Corporate (Laguna/ South OC), Uniform Choice...

I remember skating to the sounds of Agent Orange all the time... and seeing No Doubt on the quad at CSULB before they caught-on... Lotsa good sounds in the OC..

Sublime played in a few OC (mostly Huntington Beach) backyards, but they were definitely Long Beach.  Understandable tho, as LB is claimed as North-OC for it's non-violent contributions...

There's a sh*t ton of bands that could've made that list... Just off the top of my head-  Cadillac Tramps (SantaAna)- later morphed into Rule62 (I filled-in playing drums for some of their "off-broadway" shows), Big Drill Car (HB), Farside (HB), Something Corporate (Laguna/ South OC), Uniform Choice...

I remember skating to the sounds of Agent Orange all the time... and seeing No Doubt on the quad at CSULB before they caught-on... Lotsa good sounds in the OC..

I saw Sublime play at Goldenwest College in maybe '94. Was funny as hell. The singer was so hammered. They came out and noodled around for about 10 minutes and then attempted to play a song and the singer couldn't remember what song it was or how to play it or the lyrics. After about a half hour of them basically doing nothing but making noise, the cops showed up and shut it down because there was no permit.

I listened to Farside for the first time in 10 years on Spotify earlier this week. I hadn't thought about them in forever.

D-i should get some props too. Casey Royer is a punk legend and started Social D with Mike Ness back in the day. Now he makes sandwiches at the Subway by my house.