• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Luis Jimenez

jshep

He's not hitting at all at this point(.231/.265/.277 slash line on the season) and with Callaspo back, he's less useful.

At this point, I kind of want them to send him back to Salt Lake to actually play.

Of course it's not clear that there's anyone left in Salt Lake who's a better use of a roster spot.

Lucho has shown his potential.  He's a terrific defender that can recognize a fastball.  The breaking ball?  not so much.  It would be interesting to see if consistent major league PT could result in his adaptation.  If things continue to go as they have, they should really get him in there to see if he can adjust.  If not, you insert Alberto back in there next year.  If so, you can trade one of Howie or Alberto for something. 

If I'm left to choose  between J.B. Schuck and Lucho, I choose Lucho.  Once Aybar is back though, I'd slot Trumbo in LF and stick Harris at DH, he's handling the bat reasonably well.  With the way Cron is handling AA pitching he may even be better than anyone, but no use in starting his clock yet unless he's a huge upgrade, which he may or may not be.  He isn't hitting for power in AA, but then again Trumbo didn't either.  But Cron is hitting .313. 

Although I think Cron would be a good option at this point, it would only make sense to start his clock if they felt it would truly help the team at this point.  He may perform well yet it's unlikely that he help them make the playoffs.  If he were a SP then I would consider it.