• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia vs Frank Robinson

Billy_Ball

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then I guess the asshole shouldn’t have been an asshole. He chose being an asshole over team.  

Considering he spent the entire season talking himself up at the expense of others, Vlad in particular...   No real suprise.   He's right up there with Dave Hollins when it comes to selfish me first asshats.

52 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I like to win, Guillen is a asshole. I wish Scioscia could have handled Guillen differently. 

So you own a company, you have an asshole, do you fire him or do you blame yourself?  Because you are blaming the manager because a player chose to be an asshole.  He was handled perfectly fine.  He got what he deserved.  You seem to be the only one that doean’t see it that way.  

2 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I like to win, Guillen is a asshole. I wish Scioscia could have handled Guillen differently. 

wasn't guillen responsible for his own behavior?

it's time for you to stop being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian, bob.

Probably because he was loosing his shit over being hit by a pitch. That and Amezga was a faster and smarter guy on the base paths and would follow directions. Why do you think you have some superior insight as to what transpired that caused Scioscia to put in a pinch runner? 

Edited by Blarg

Because he was faster and a better base-runner.  He scored the winning run by the way, not that that matters to you because in your mind if Scioscia would have let Guillen run he would have somehow scored twice on that play.  I kind of think at this point that Bob isn't really a human, but a bot that Chuck put on here to make us all feel better about ourselves.

Jose Guillen spent most of his only season in Anaheim talking shit to and attempting to tear down Vlad.    It's hilarious we actually have someone here attempting to defend the twat.   Vlad was Guillen's primary object of abuse not MS.   He gave him shit about anything and everything..  If Vlad made an out -- "Oh I thought you were supposed to be a superstar".  If Guillen hit a HR .  Oh -- I thought you were the big bat".   On and on it went ...  in any game where he felt he outplayed Vlad he would taunt him with questions about how much he was making and shit like that.. 

This is one of the dumbest threads in a long ass time. 

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jose Guillen spent most of his only season in Anaheim talking shit to and attempting to tear down Vlad.    It's hilarious we actually have someone here attempting to defend the twat.   Vlad was Guillen's primary object of abuse not MS.   He gave him shit about anything and everything..  If Vlad made an out -- "Oh I thought you were supposed to be a superstar".  If Guillen hit a HR .  Oh -- I thought you were the big bat".   On and on it went ...  in any game where he felt he outplayed Vlad he would taunt him with questions about how much he was making and shit like that.. 

This is one of the dumbest threads in a long ass time. 

Give it ten minutes. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

So you own a company, you have an asshole, do you fire him or do you blame yourself?  Because you are blaming the manager because a player chose to be an asshole.  He was handled perfectly fine.  He got what he deserved.  You seem to be the only one that doean’t see it that way.  

Why do you keep making the company/baseball comparison?  In a company, most employees can easily be replaced.  There's always a guy waiting in the wings to take your job.

Baseball players are the best of the best, you can't just put out an ad in the local papers asking for another Jose Guillien.

Part of being a manager is handling different personalities in order to give your team the best chance at success, and Scioscia has proved time and time again he is an utter failure at that.  

3 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Scioscia took Guillen out for Alfredo,  who had 3 stolen bases and had been caught twice.  Would Scioscia have pinched run for Vlad under the same circumstances? Scioscia was just being the control a freak.

Not a control freak.  Just a moron.  Taking out one of your best hitters via pinch running was classic Scioscia stupidity.  The game was too close send a pinch runner out there plus the hit by pitch incident and Scioscia refusing to stand by his OWN player was the tipping point for Guillen.  

8 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Why do you keep making the company/baseball comparison?  In a company, most employees can easily be replaced.  There's always a guy waiting in the wings to take your job.

Baseball players are the best of the best, you can't just put out an ad in the local papers asking for another Jose Guillien.

Part of being a manager is handling different personalities in order to give your team the best chance at success, and Scioscia has proved time and time again he is an utter failure at that.  

Bullshit.  Guillen was the problem not Scioscia’s ability to deal with him.  

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Not a control freak.  Just a moron.  Taking out one of your best hitters via pinch running was classic Scioscia stupidity.  The game was too close send a pinch runner out there plus the hit by pitch incident and Scioscia refusing to stand by his OWN player was the tipping point for Guillen.  

What’s the point of pinch running in a game that isn’t close?  By the way, it worked, he scored, they won.  

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Jose was a little bitch for throwing a temper tantrum for being pulled out for a pinch runner. He needed to be removed from the team. 

Having said that, I hate Boston so much more I just wish he was playing against them to make that series a bit more competitive.

It was more than just being pinch run for.  I'm sure there was a lot of built up hostility towards Scioscia, and he finally imploded.

In hindsight, the angels should have gotten rid of Scioscia instead, maybe they would have had better postseason success. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What’s the point of pinch running in a game that isn’t close?  By the way, it worked, he scored, they won.  

Because if the opposing team ties the game and it goes into extras, you lost one of your biggest bats and put your team in a huge disadvantage.

And I consider Scott Servais a worst manager than Scioscia, but the mariners still won 78 games.  Sometimes teams can overcome bad managerial decisions.

4 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

So why pinch run for him with somebody who was 3-2 in stolen bases that year? He had the best arm on the team, it's not like he was a defense liability. The move made zero sense.

this is really important, bob - it happened 14 years ago. time to let go.

39 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

so it's all on sosh and guillen doesn't have to bear any responsibility for his own actions. got it.

10 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I guess your right, kind of like the Angels won the World Series in 2002 and the Angels really haven't done shit since with Scioscia as manager. Swept out of postseason play three times.

i called sosh and told him to read this thread.

me: "hey mike, have you seen anaheimbob's comments?"

images-7.jpeg