• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels outfield prospect is 21-for-21 in stolen base attempts

Chuck

"Looks like the Angels may have a future leadoff hitter in the fold with a ton of speed, who also masters the art of using his wheels in successful stolen base attempts."

"Phenomenal"

You're going to tell me that's not just a bit of premature overhype?

he's perfect in his SB attempts 

phenomenal

No mention of all star, no mention of great player.  I would think the phenomenal term was directed at his stolen base streak.

Geez

but there was mention of him being a starter.......look I'm new to the site and don't want to give off first impressions as a Debbie Downer so I'm just gonna say I hope he keeps it up

You mean guys too old for A ball?

This is all part of the positive change since Ric Wilson took over as scouting director and started an increase in drafting college players.

Can't argue with a near .450 OBP in a league that can be brutal on hitters.

23 is pretty old for A ball. He is basically ripping off bags off of high school pitchers/catchers. Until success in at least AA  I would not pronounce him our future leadoff hitter. Not getting excited about prospects is lame but so is creating unrealistic expectations. 

23 is pretty old for A ball. He is basically ripping off bags off of high school pitchers/catchers. Until success in at least AA I would not pronounce him our future leadoff hitter. Not getting excited about prospects is lame but so is creating unrealistic expectations.

The average age of pitchers in the Midwest League so far this year is 21.9. The average age of players with at least 5 games at catcher is 21.7. Younger than 23, yes. But hardly high school players.

I do agree that it's wise to wait until he has some success at higher levels though, considering his age.

With the way they have this team constructed -- at least on paper -- there shouldn't be much need for base stealers. 

Does the farm have any high OBP leadoff hitters?

Have you read anything I posted?