• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well that sucked

I was woken up this morning at 8am by my phone buzzing strangely. I I looked over and it was an Emergency Alert that read:

BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

I quickly checked online. Nothing. News. Nothing. There were no sirens, nothing to think we were under attack. I called my ex-wife, who has our daughters for the weekend, and she had gotten the text as well and was freaking out. She asked me what to do and while neither of us are religious in the traditional sense, I said "Well, hopefully it is a false alarm. Just stay inside, away from the windows, and pray." I was reminded of that saying, "There are no atheists in the trenches."

Anyhow, I checked twitter and it was nuts - people were freaking out. But then, thankfully, Tulsi Gabbard tweated that it was a false alarm. Big sigh. I still waited, knowing that it would take approximately 15-20 minutes from an alert to when a ICBM (from North Korea) would reach Hawaii. 

Anyhow that was all a couple hours ago so all is good. But life certainly flashed before me - I thought of my girls, the life they wouldn't get to live, and also the things I want to do. I thought of how many people would die and suffer terribly.

After having a conversation with my father who is back in NH, he said that a first nuclear strike would probably be above ground so as to wipe out communication and electronics, and he was recommending that I stock up on canned foods and bottled water. Crazy times.

51 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was woken up this morning at 8am by my phone buzzing strangely. I I looked over and it was an Emergency Alert that read:

BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

I quickly checked online. Nothing. News. Nothing. There were no sirens, nothing to think we were under attack. I called my ex-wife, who has our daughters for the weekend, and she had gotten the text as well and was freaking out. She asked me what to do and while neither of us are religious in the traditional sense, I said "Well, hopefully it is a false alarm. Just stay inside, away from the windows, and pray." I was reminded of that saying, "There are no atheists in the trenches."

Anyhow, I checked twitter and it was nuts - people were freaking out. But then, thankfully, Tulsi Gabbard tweated that it was a false alarm. Big sigh. I still waited, knowing that it would take approximately 15-20 minutes from an alert to when a ICBM (from North Korea) would reach Hawaii. 

Anyhow that was all a couple hours ago so all is good. But life certainly flashed before me - I thought of my girls, the life they wouldn't get to live, and also the things I want to do. I thought of how many people would die and suffer terribly.

After having a conversation with my father who is back in NH, he said that a first nuclear strike would probably be above ground so as to wipe out communication and electronics, and he was recommending that I stock up on canned foods and bottled water. Crazy times.

That did suck.  My dad is on Oahu.  Scary stuff fur sure.

My first thought was this was an awful thing to do.  Thinking about it though, there’s probably positive outcomes here.  People were unsure and forced to think about what to do and how to react.  Also, I’m sure there are plenty of people who will take being prepared with emergency supplies more seriously.  

All of that is of course exactly why they did it this way. 

Edited by UndertheHalo