• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Vernon Wells can figure things out...

I'm surprised at Wells' success in NY, given that teams' mysticism over having to win every year and the extra pressure that goes with it.  I knew he was underachieving here in Anaheim, but I'm curious why he says he struggled so much here...

I'm surprised at Wells' success in NY, given that teams' mysticism over having to win every year and the extra pressure that goes with it.  I knew he was underachieving here in Anaheim, but I'm curious why he says he struggled so much here...

Maybe because the fans wouldn't get off his back?  All they wanted to do is focus on his enormous contract, and shout and post insults.  I'm not saying it wasn't warranted, but sometimes all baseball fans take things a little too far.  When fans have to pay a good sum of money to go to any MLB game, they think they have a sense of entitlement to always get the best results.  Unfortunately bad things happen.  In NY his contract isn't an issue, and they were desperate for help to start this year.  I'm glad for him, he seems to be a really nice person. 

Maybe because the fans wouldn't get off his back?  All they wanted to do is focus on his enormous contract, and shout and post insults.  I'm not saying it wasn't warranted, but sometimes all baseball fans take things a little too far.  When fans have to pay a good sum of money to go to any MLB game, they think they have a sense of entitlement to always get the best results.

I highly doubt that fans at Angels stadium were so bad towards Vernon that it affected his play on the field. I'm sure he heard plenty of boos and "insults" but that will happen anywhere to anyone. I also highly doubt he reads "posts" about him on message boards.

If you are saying it may have been warranted, then what is the big deal? He got booed because he sucked on the field. Not because of who he was as a person.

Some people just can't handle the pressure of playing in Anaheim - it helps going to a team without the expectation of winning every year.

Vernon has always seemed like a momentum type of guy.  An .850 ops year followed by a .700 one.  If he's on the right track early, he usually stays that way the whole season.   That said, I think this year he still ends up with a low .700's ops.  He's still gonna hit his fair share of hrs, but his avg and obp will continue to dive as we approach the asb.  If not, best of luck to him.

I'm happy for VeeDub.  I always rooted for him and hoped he'd break-out.  We rooted for him at Spring Training, and I was surprised that most everybody else was pretty supportive of him too.  It would just show that the Halo jinx is back when he makes the all-star team.

I'm happy for VeeDub.  I always rooted for him and hoped he'd break-out.  We rooted for him at Spring Training, and I was surprised that most everybody else was pretty supportive of him too.  It would just show that the Halo jinx is back when he makes the all-star team.

Will any Halos even make the all star team this season?

Trumbo or Trout perhaps?

Maybe it's because our coaching staff is mediocre, and definitely overrated.  It seems that the list of people who we allow to leave due to lack of production thrive after they have moved on. And dudes fall apart after they get here, unless they figure it out on their own.

This is true for pitchers and hitters alike.

One player from each team at a minimum makes it.

Sounds like that's what's gonna happen to us. 

This team has a hard enough time getting its fans to vote when they're winning. I can't imagine how low the counts are now that they've sucked the past 3+ years. 

Do we have an all-star on our team? Maybe Trumbo. Other than that so far I haven't seen one.