• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TPS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/i-consider-this-my-country-salvadorans-in-us-brace-for-tps-decision/2018/01/07/77914402-f19e-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.252628539af5

This seems cruel to me.  If they were allowed in the should be able to stay.  Give them an easy path to citizenship and a couple of years to do so.  Seems like the right thing to do.

I have a hard time saying it's cruel because they're talking about ending something that was called TEMPORARY back in 2001.  When those individuals came here and were granted TPS I don't believe it was meant to be a way for people to come into the country and never leave but when the feds haven't been enforcing laws or securing the border that's what it turns into.  This is what decades of not addressing the issue of illegal immigration gets us.  The article says El Salvador isn't ready for the influx of immigrants back into their country but the US has been dealing with this for decades and it's a burden the system can't handle.  I don't blame anyone for wanting a better life but there's hundreds of millions of people if not billions who have a low quality of life and we can't help them all.  The best thing the developed world can do is try to help the developing countries so they can make a better life for their residents.

I wouldn't be opposed to that but that's what citizens were told back in 1986 when Reagan granted amnesty.  The estimate then was about 4M illegal immigrants in the US and currently the estimate is 3x that or more depending on which study you read.  The problem is that even if the current administration enforces the laws there's no guarantee the next one will.  We can't keep doing this dance every 3 decades while political parties use it to their advantage because in the end taxpayers foot the bill and the middle class and below are impacted the most.  

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/immigration/i-consider-this-my-country-salvadorans-in-us-brace-for-tps-decision/2018/01/07/77914402-f19e-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.252628539af5

This seems cruel to me.  If they were allowed in the should be able to stay.  Give them an easy path to citizenship and a couple of years to do so.  Seems like the right thing to do.

There are only a few policies that Trump can use to negotiate with the DEMS. This is one.

Give them a green card, and NO citizenship, just like DACA.

I remember back decades ago there was a senator banging the drum of deporting illegals and come to find out he had employed an entire Guatamalan maid service for his home without green cards. I'm guessing the Salvadoran bill was passed so no one's housecleaner left to take care of the family after the disaster, instead ship them here. 

Now after three reprieves the bill has timed out and Trump has the political football and it is a big issue because Bush and Obama refused to take the media hit if they said times up, everyone out of the pool. Had it been addressed on it's first expiration date it would have been long forgotten.

This is the cost of kicking cans down the road. 100,000 people are now in a state of uncertainty because our government can't make any real permanent decisions. It causes more social unrest because the latency created an upheaval that needn't take place.

Trump uses everything for negotiation leverage. Leaving all of these issues unresolved by previous administrations did nothing more than arm him to get want he wants. So if he does revoke their status, that is on the two previous president's resume for not completing the task. Easily these people could have been mainstreamed into the citizenship process but neither president was willing to commit to them. 

Edited by Blarg

24 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So the guy was here for 17 years on a government relief program that starts with the word "temporary" and now he's upset he may have to leave?

If any of them have made an effort to apply for citizenship prior to this news, then let them stay. If not, get out.

Image result for bernie sanders animated gif

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I have a hard time saying it's cruel because they're talking about ending something that was called TEMPORARY back in 2001.  When those individuals came here and were granted TPS I don't believe it was meant to be a way for people to come into the country and never leave but when the feds haven't been enforcing laws or securing the border that's what it turns into.  

Isn't this actually why this is in reality incredibly cruel?

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember back decades ago there was a senator banging the drum of deporting illegals and come to find out he had employed an entire Guatamalan maid service for his home without green cards. I'm guessing the Salvadoran bill was passed so no one's housecleaner left to take care of the family after the disaster, instead ship them here. 

Now after three reprieves the bill has timed out and Trump has the political football and it is a big issue because Bush and Obama refused to take the media hit if they said times up, everyone out of the pool. Had it been addressed on it's first expiration date it would have been long forgotten.

This is the cost of kicking cans down the road. 100,000 people are now in a state of uncertainty because our government can't make any real permanent decisions. It causes more social unrest because the latency created an upheaval that needn't take place.

Trump uses everything for negotiation leverage. Leaving all of these issues unresolved by previous administrations did nothing more than arm him to get want he wants. So if he does revoke their status, that is on the two previous president's resume for not completing the task. Easily these people could have been mainstreamed into the citizenship process but neither president was willing to commit to them. 

i agree.

if it's not too late, start a citizenship process now for those who wish to apply. you can fix the ignorance of past administrations while being compassionate at the same time. if they choose not to apply for citizenship, that's on them and they know what the consequences will be.

5 hours ago, red321 said:

you lost me at...

Oscar Cortez feels like he has an ordinary American life. He carries a Costco card. He roots for the Boston Red Sox.

There are Red Sox fans who were born in the U.S. that should be deported. Let this guy take their place.

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

No. He didn't.

What he did was technically a whattabout whattabout Clinton.

It's like The Game. Even you if you mention someone else talking about it, you have yourself both mentioned and thought about it, hence losing. Red himself has become the monster that he sought to defeat. PS, both you and I have lost The Game.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's like The Game. Even you if you mention someone else talking about it, you have yourself both mentioned and thought about it, hence losing. Red himself has become the monster that he sought to defeat. PS, both you and I have lost The Game.

Let's reference more films.

I'll give you bonus points if you can manage a successful Follow That Bird integration.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I don't think Trump wants to kick anybody out ~ I think he wants them to get in line for citizenship, and use a green card now for employment, etc.

When people say "amnesty" does that mean automatic citizenship?  I hope not.