• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Message to Our Customers about iPhone Batteries and Performance

gotbeer

Oh yeah, a great deal when Apple is trying to weasel out of a class action suit. They fucked with the phones because they use shit batteries which plays into the trade your iPhone in for the faster better one. 

Volkswagen pulled this bullshit with falsifying their diesel mpg with some software manipulation and got hit with a buyback and billions in fines worldwide. 

Apple giggles an apology and still charges for the fix. Where is the justice department?

Edited by Blarg

@Blarg  Oh I know.  the iSheep will be eating it up.  But if you have a 6, a $29 change is a good price for a new battery.  And I've read that even if you take advantage of the offer, it won't affect your class action status.  

But yeah, the justice department should have chimed in by now.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Oh yeah, a great deal when Apple is trying to weasel out of a class action suit. They fucked with the phones because they use shit batteries which plays into the trade your iPhone in for the faster better one. 

Volkswagen pulled this bullshit with falsifying their diesel mpg with some software manipulation and got hit with a buyback and billions in fines worldwide. 

Apple giggles an apology and still charges for the fix. Where is the justice department?

Huh?

All Lithium Ion batteries degrade over time, it has nothing to do with the quality of the battery.

The mistake they made was throttling the phones without advertising it.  Pretty much all technology throttles down as it gets older in order to save it from being destroyed or using too much electricity or some other issue.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Bull Fing shit. My androids never had a one year fall off and the manufacturer didn't choke performance to lie about how long the battery lasts. iPhones have always had problems with the quality of their batteries, it a manufacturer choice not a technology problem. 

Android chooses not to choke performance which leads to faster battery drain, that is the alternative.

my htc one's battery is still going strong after 5 years, but the rest of the hardware is finally starting to wear down

was thinking about getting my first iphone ever, but looks like i'll be finding another droid

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Bull Fing shit. My androids never had a one year fall off and the manufacturer didn't choke performance to lie about how long the battery lasts. iPhones have always had problems with the quality of their batteries, it a manufacturer choice not a technology problem. 

Yeah, what I find with Android is, if the performance begins to get screwy, it's usually an outdated app that is causing it.  That and the constant updates are clogging the phone.  A factory reset, and downloading the apps in the latest clean stage, and my phone is usually as good as new, and my phone charge goes up.  I'd be pissed if Android slowed my phone down deliberately, making me think it was time to buy a new one.  A battery just does not degrade enough in 1 year to make this option justifiable.  Unless as @Blarg states, they are using crap batteries in the first place.

7 hours ago, nate said:

Huh?

All Lithium Ion batteries degrade over time, it has nothing to do with the quality of the battery.

The mistake they made was throttling the phones without advertising it.  Pretty much all technology throttles down as it gets older in order to save it from being destroyed or using too much electricity or some other issue.

This. Transparency would have saved them from embarrassment. This should have been labeled a feature. Apple are still the only vendor reliably sending security updates for their phones after three years. But since their design demands thinness over function <goodbye headphone port> they skimp on battery size. So much less margin of error for battery performance. But yeah I’ve replaced too many laptop batteries to believe this fantasy about li-ion batteries not wearing out.

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

That is not a fair comparison at all. Volkswagen forged data and cheated on tests to make BS claims about great mpg and get around environmental regulations.

Apple should have made this feature known, but its not comparable.

Apple lied about their battery life and altered their software to fool the public into thinking it wasn't a battery problem, their phone was just out of date. It's a little more insidious to create that software slowdown which would compel people to buy a new phone instead of replacing the battery. Both companies cheated their customers. 

23 hours ago, Blarg said:

Protecting corporate profit, of course.

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

Apple lied about their battery life and altered their software to fool the public into thinking it wasn't a battery problem, their phone was just out of date. It's a little more insidious to create that software slowdown which would compel people to buy a new phone instead of replacing the battery. Both companies cheated their customers. 

Nope

It's all a racket but it is what it is.  I have an iphone 6 and I've been meaning to get a new battery for a while but I just didn't want to spend the money until I absolutely had to.  When we went to Europe about 4 months ago the battery life when the phone was on would go from say 80% down to 50% over a matter of seconds while I was using it.  When it started getting around 35% it would then sometimes automatically go to 1% or at the very least drop to 20% or below and ask if I want to run it in low power mode.  This made it a PITA because we were using my phone to get around since we were trying to avoid turning on my wife's data.  It still does stuff like this but since I'm home and can charge at work, in my car and so on it's easier to keep it from dying.  My phone does everything I need it to and given the fact that I don't live on it, use it to post/check in on social media constantly and so on I'd much rather spend $29 instead of shelling out the money for a new phone.     

Racket indeed. Got a new iPhone over the summer (the SE because I was tired of the big phone and felt like I was getting carpal tunnel just from texting people) after 10 years of an Android....I had that Note 3 for so many years and no issues. I remember having that og iPhone 3 back in 2007 or whenever it was. One day I wake up and see error code 1.21 or some shit. Call Apple and they basically tell me it's a software error on their end but tough shit and want to charge me to look at the phone and then charge me again for repairs. I thought that was the most ridiculous resolution to a known software error on their end.

Figured 10 years of a competitor was enough punishment, but just posting makes me want to toss my phone over the balcony and go get another Note. That thing lasted forever with no issues.