• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best (worst) Christmas Eve or Christmas Day political conversations with family & friends

My Grand Aunt was a dyed in the wool Democrat and she would light up my father, that flipped from Democrat to Republican in the Johnson years. She would have him tied up in knots contradicting himself and she was the one that pounded the table, rattling the gravy boat, giving Dad more than he could handle. 

My Mom would just smirk while we would giggle at times, not really knowing who was right but watching Aunt Mary stare down Dad and not give one inch was something we'd never seen. 

My Mom would give him the Norwiegen look of a cold stare and silent treatment but that was different. Mary had the look that the angry heavens were coming with Davids horn and Ezekials flaming sword behind her and possibly even the Devil's support.

Since my Father could not admit defeat these arguments could carry on for hours until his voice got raspy and he had to stop for coffee and a piece of mincemeat pie. Fitting since that is what she reduced him to.

Outside of those calm discussions, Christmas dinners were boring.

My sister-in-law has a wife who participated in the "pussy hat" tirades in January...she likes to tell lesbian jokes.

We didn't see each other last year for the holidays, but did see each other this year on Sunday.

At the dinner table I said "Can you believe Hillary thought she was going to win"? 

The conversation that followed was kind of similar to this thread. It was pretty much 50/50 love and hate. No food was thrown.

My holiday was spent with a family full of Trump supporters that are now reluctant to speak with me about politics.  I'm not sure if they're more shocked/disgusted that I don't support the GOP or if they're just tired of coming out on the losing end of arguments.  

So, Christmas was a lot quieter than usual.  Only a few thinly veiled racist comments.   (and those were from texting with Adam)

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

My holiday was spent with a family full of Trump supporters that are now reluctant to speak with me about politics.  I'm not sure if they're more shocked/disgusted that I don't support the GOP or if they're just tired of coming out on the losing end of arguments.  

So, Christmas was a lot quieter than usual.  Only a few thinly veiled racist comments.   (and those were from texting with Adam)

giphy.gif