• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The popup ads

Dtwncbad

Question

I have no issue being exposed to ads on sites.  I want the sites I like to be able to monetize the traffic.

But execution is key and the frequency and Size of the popup on my phone is obnoxious and annoying.

Advertising should never, ever be annoying.  It's about exposure without annoying.

18 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Something is clearly different.  I have never been "attacked" relentlessly like this by ads on this site before.

It is not calibrated in a way that just advertises.  It is super annoying.

We lost Fox Sports in recent weeks so the ad revenue took a big hit. Since I gotta pay the bills, I've landed other providers but they're nowhere near what FS paid, hence the increase in ads you're seeing. 

There is an option to be ad free though for a year or lifetime, outside of a harmless popup ad that you can close. 

The good news is we're leaving NESN and joining USA Today's network after the first of the year, but it won't be till next spring until we see a bump and recovery from what the next few months will pay out. 

Screenshot_20171206-222515.png

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am getting the pop up ads again.  Several each time I am on the site.

I've been told it's not on the ad providers side and my server is clean, especially since we just moved to a bare server. 

I would try to clear your mobile browser cache/cookies to see if that works.

This never happens on desktop/laptop machines' browsers, only mobile, which is why the ad providers I talked to say it's something on our mobile devices causing the popups. That we'd see popups on other sites if we continually hit refresh and jump from page to page like we do here on the forum. 

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is on my desktop.  

That's weird. Though it is it a slide in pop up on the same forum page, or does it automatically redirect you to another page?

If it's the former it's by design. We have a new ad that slides in from the bottom or the right side from time to time. 

21 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is a slide ad.  Sometimes I only see the "hide" tab but most of the time I see the entire ad.

yeah, those are legit. I did remove the slide in and pop up mobile ads though as I felt they were a bit intrusive. Though they were making an extra 2-3 bucks a day, much more than the desktop slide in, pop ups. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The desktop slide in makes me go mobile since they are so annoying and interfere with text. 

You can click on the hide link on the ad. 

If you're on a mobile device you should always use the mobile version of the site. 

I'm seeing an issue only when I use the ipad. But you'll know right away, as soon as you navigate to the site you start getting an ad that hijacks the tab and there's no way out.

The only way I know of to work around this is to close the tab, open a new tab and navigate once again to the site. Usually this resolves the issue.

This is using Safari.