• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wearing Jersey's/Shirts of Athletes

m0nkey

This has been discussed before, but I forget what the consensus was on this subject.

I used to have a rule it being ok as long as you (me) were younger than the person, but as I get older, there's obviously more and more athletes that are younger than me.  The only player whose shirt I own who is younger than I am is OBJ, but only by a couple weeks so I give myself a pass

I was given a Pujols jersey for Christmas the year he signed. I wore it for opening day and it was the first time I owned a baseball jersey, let alone one with a name on it. It still hangs in the closet but I wear Red Angels polo shirts to games instead. My wife has owned a Figgins jersey since his second year and still wears it when we go to a game or a team shirt day at school. 

Well, he could make a loop error making doilies and get kicked out of the Kneedlepoint hall of fame.

Interesting tidbit people forget about Rosie Grier was him being a body guard attached to Robert Kennedy. He was the one that subdued Sirhan Sirhan and disarmed him while also preventing a mob from tearing the assassin limb from limb.

Edited by Blarg

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I bought an LA Rams jersey last year, first time ever.

I went with Rosie Grier.  #1, I like the white/blue retro jersey, and #2, he can't screw up anything now, like a current player could.

i've been trying to find a blue & white jersey for deacon jones. he's one of my all-time favorites. so far the only jerseys of his i can find are autographed - that's more than i want to pay, and there's no way i'm wearing an autographed jersey anywhere. may i ask where you found yours?

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I think it's worse when someone puts their own last name on the back of a team's jersey.

agreed.

there's a sight (i think it's on yahoo) called 'jersey fouls', and it shows some of the most bastardized jersey things possible that hockey fans have done. some hilarious stuff.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

i've been trying to find a blue & white jersey for deacon jones. he's one of my all-time favorites. so far the only jerseys of his i can find are autographed - that's more than i want to pay, and there's no way i'm wearing an autographed jersey anywhere. may i ask where you found yours?

I found it online a year ago. I will have to look around.  It was not expensive.

and I certainly wouldn't get a current jersey because they don't know what the hell they have and are.

Is it white, with the gold piping, that doesn't make sense?

Is it dark blue, that goes hideously with the blue/what helmet?

Is it the lighter blue with the yellow, of which I am really not of fan.

The 1960's Classic Blue/White is the only way in my opinion.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:24 PM, Taylor said:

I think it's worse when someone puts their own last name on the back of a team's jersey.

oh man.

when the raiders played the Bucs in the super bowl in 2002 or so, we had a huge super bowl party. a raiders fan actually wore a #12 jersey (rich Gannon?), but put just his first name on the back. I've never seen one so clowned in my entire life. I wish we had camera phones and social media back then. 

On 11/30/2017 at 9:20 AM, yk9001 said:

I bought an LA Rams jersey last year, first time ever.

I went with Rosie Grier.  #1, I like the white/blue retro jersey, and #2, he can't screw up anything now, like a current player could.

We’re you sure you were in a proper financial position prior to buying this jersey?  

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

the worst one I've ever seen at angels stadium was some dude with an angels jersey. he had #69 and the name on the back was a nickname like "big dawg"

you could tell he was the dude who has the ball sack trailer hitch on the back of his truck.

Shows how much you know. I have a honda.

It does have a shocker sticker on the back window, though.