• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roy Halladay's Plane in an Accident

m0nkey

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah dude, I gotta hop on 4 flights next month myself. I honestly hate flying. Thank God for booze and xanax! 

Can I ask what is a safe dose in which to combine the two? Asking for a friend. Last time my friend flew, he had .5 mg of Xanax and two drinks, but that didn't do much. He has to fly again next week.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive had similar, not that close though. Ive done some flights in small planes, and helicopters. All the instructors and pilots ive flown with always stressed head on a swivel for that very reason. Seems odd if youve never done it.

The closest scariest event I had was taking our company prop plane from Palmdale down to LAX and as you approach that ridgeline NE of Los Angeles from the Palmdale side there were really high winds that day and suddenly the plane dropped about 100 feet in about two seconds. Those small planes (mine was a 19 seater) don't have some of the flexibility built into the larger jets in a lot of cases (and @Chuckster70 is right about the maintenance issues too).

28 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Can I ask what is a safe dose in which to combine the two? Asking for a friend. Last time my friend flew, he had .5 mg of Xanax and two drinks, but that didn't do much. He has to fly again next week.

Just 1/3 of full Xanax pill (the long one, not the alprazolam). Then all the booze you want.. Just don't do a full bar with excessive booze. You will be drooling all over yourself and others and honestly not functional for several hours. 

If an alprazolam low dose you can do the full pill. It's a yellow round pill.

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

RIP, Roy. So sad. 

To this day I won't step foot in a small plane ever again. Worst experience of my life was in one of those, happy to be alive. No helicopters either as a result. 

That's me. I have a buddy who owns a two seat ultralight and a single engine plane. He has been trying to get me to go up with him, and I have no interest in it.

3 hours ago, wopphil said:

don't mix alcohol and xanax, it's a toxic combination. if you're a nervous flier, just take some xanax alone. it'll do the trick and you'll survive it.

also, thanks for the memories doc. sorry to see you go so soon.

12 hours ago, ukyah said:

don't mix alcohol and xanax, it's a toxic combination. if you're a nervous flier, just take some xanax alone. it'll do the trick and you'll survive it.

Yeah, it's never recommended to drink heavily with Xanax. I usually have 2-3 on the plane until I pass out. But only for long flights. 

For shorter flights I just stick to drinks. 

ICON-A5.jpg

This is the plane. It's pretty cool looking and I could see using it to get to secluded fishing lakes. It does not look like a beginner aircraft because water landings are never as easy as land. The narrow structural segment from nose to tail looks like it wouldn't support that huge tail if it lands hard. But then, unlike Vladdylonglegs, I don't have a degree in aeronautical engineering.

Edited by Blarg

Icon wrote a purchase contract that will make it so Halladay's widow won't be able to sue.

In April 2016 the ICON A5 purchaser's agreement was made public and was noted by the aviation media as containing many controversial elements not usually found in aircraft purchase agreements. These include contractually required pilot training, maintenance, agreements not to sue, the requirement for factory airframe overhauls every 2,000 hours or ten years (whichever comes first), and a limit on the aircraft's life of 6,000 hours, or thirty years. Furthermore, each aircraft would be equipped with a camera and recorder to monitor pilot behavior, that is owned by the manufacturer but must be maintained by the owner. Owners would have to agree to be "supportive" of the company. Future owners were required to sign the same agreement or face penalties.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roy-halladay-plane-crash-eyewitness-video-shows-flying-erratically-175907694.html

The sad part is that when they got there they didn't even try to help, they just took pictures. He could have easily just been unconscious and died from drowning...WTF

One thing id caution against in terms of saying he was "showboating" is that (just for the sake of argument) is that he may have been practicing landings (being that its a seaplane, from what ive read).

Plane ended upside down, i assume he hit the water too fast and flipped.

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One thing id caution against in terms of saying he was "showboating" is that (just for the sake of argument) is that he may have been practicing landings (being that its a seaplane, from what ive read).

Ya I'd definitely agree with that. If he was using it how it was meant to be used then I would say showboating is out of the question. That actually may be the grounds by which the company gets sued.

As far as the flipping goes, I thought the same thing which makes it all the more likely that he was just knocked out and ended up drowning rather than dying on impact. Depending on the circumstances they might have been able to save his life instead of just taking a video of it.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roy-halladay-plane-crash-eyewitness-video-shows-flying-erratically-175907694.html

The sad part is that when they got there they didn't even try to help, they just took pictures. He could have easily just been unconscious and died from drowning...WTF

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Sad.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The plane is equipped with cameras that recorded everything that went on in the cockpit. I don't think Icon will release that footage to the public but it will tell the story of what Halladay was doing up there.