• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roy Halladay's Plane in an Accident

m0nkey

From 02-11, he averaged 30 starts per year, 219 IP (led the majors in innings pitched 4 times, led the majors in complete games 7 times), and an ERA+ of 148.

I'm not well versed in the advanced stats, but I know those are the numbers of a damn good pitcher and by all accounts, he was a good human being.   RIP

Like Chuck, I will never get in a small plane. My Dad would tell us occasionally how terrifying his experience was in my uncle's plane one time. Dad was convinced it was going to crash into the Delaware River. My uncle was always kind of wild. That story was enough for me.

Large jets are no problem however.

Edited by fan_since79

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

UGH!  Tragic.  I lost 3 people I knew a couple of years ago to their small plane also crashing.  You'd think they would be safer by now.  I found out about this on the twitch broadcast for details about the new MLB The Show game.  This sucks:crying-fountain:

They're just not built to withstand what nature brings at such a high altitude (or even low altitude). 

That and like larger commercial planes that get regular, daily maintenance and check ups, these smaller planes don't get the same love.