• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Converted Garage/Man Cave

Lhalo

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You are like the Troll Daddy of football fans.

You know what is embarrassing?  I noticed when I was taking the pictures - not one bit of angels stuff.  Oh, there are some world series tickets in that picture frame, and some Angels shotglasses in the cabinet.  

But, wow.  

edit - fwiw, I had about 5 or 6 NFLpennants from when I was a kid, and stuck them up.  Then one winter I went on ebay and just got them for all 32 teams.  Original or older teams if I could.  LA Rams, Baltimore Colts, St Louis Cardinals.  The worst ones are the newer pennants.  Ugly.

1 hour ago, nate said:

@yk9001 looks awesome.  I wish I was able to have a storage area like you have.  We have a two story ranch and the garage is underneath the dining room so flat and relatively low ceiling.  In fact, I can barely jack our Pathfinder up without hitting one of the support beams.

I have the same problem with not being able to store things above the ceiling due to a bedroom being above the garage.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

You know what is embarrassing?  I noticed when I was taking the pictures - not one bit of angels stuff.  Oh, there are some world series tickets in that picture frame, and some Angels shotglasses in the cabinet.  

But, wow.  

edit - fwiw, I had about 5 or 6 NFLpennants from when I was a kid, and stuck them up.  Then one winter I went on ebay and just got them for all 32 teams.  Original or older teams if I could.  LA Rams, Baltimore Colts, St Louis Cardinals.  The worst ones are the newer pennants.  Ugly.

At least you have a Ducks rally towel.  

And the Golden Nugget bar seats are nice.  But having to stare at a trophy instead of booze or bewbs is kind of a letdown.   Do you put your beer in the pepsi machine?  Oh, and go to Calscuf's garage, take his pool table.  His kids need more play space.

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

At least you have a Ducks rally towel.  

And the Golden Nugget bar seats are nice.  But having to stare at a trophy instead of booze or bewbs is kind of a letdown.   Do you put your beer in the pepsi machine?  Oh, and go to Calscuf's garage, take his pool table.  His kids need more play space.

We go to laughlin every summer, and one day we come back from the lake, it is 110 degrees, and a mountain of Golden Nugget seats - they had metal rods attached, are sitting in the boat parking lot.  I took a ratchet wrench, unscrewed about four seats, and brought them home.  My oldest took two.  I bought a couple of cheapo chairs from Big Lots and attached the Golden Nugget seats to the Big Lot chair legs.  The stitching is awesome on them, but they still smelled like cigarettes for a year or so.

When we have a get together, I put beer and soda bottles in the pepsi machine, with a glass of quarters on top of the machine for people to use.  Otherwise, I don't plug in the pepsi machine, i am sure its an electricity drain.

In summer 2016 we did a ton of work on the house - paint, landscape, hardscape, etc. We ran out of cash before we could put up the balcony. My intention was to make an outdoor living room underneath the balcony since it'll be a while before I can make a man cave. Hoping to get the balcony done by next summer.

My brother did a complete outdoor barbque living space in his backyard. It came out nice, he has a full bar area and his big screen to watch the games while cooking the living shit out of everything. 

I went to one of his parties and brought my own steak and didn't let him near it. He kept trying to toss it on the grill, cold without any seasoning, I had to take the tongs away from him. 

Anyway he built just about everything himself and now his company is moving to Arizona and he has to choose where he is going to live. If he stays he has to switch companies and that pushes his retirement back by three years. If he goes he will have to sell the house which means he probably retires in Arizona. His wife doesn't want to move. He doesn't want to work until 70. 

24 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I went to one of his parties and brought my own steak and didn't let him near it. He kept trying to toss it on the grill, cold without any seasoning, I had to take the tongs away from him. 

A real peach.  Does he take the light beer out of the hands of guys drinking it?