• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB suspends, fines umpire Fieldin Culbreth

thing is, you know they realized they made a mistake but they were too egotistical to make the correct call... these guys don't like being called out on their mistakes.

This is the most bothersome part: the complete refusal to entertain the belief that they could be wrong and take a few minutes to confer with each other, consult the rule book, and get the decision right.

Amazing that four umpires and a major league manager didn't know a rule that I've known since I was a child.

However, it reminds me of the time when Mauch was managing an Angels game and the opposing team's catcher (Tigers' Matt Nokes?) used his mask to retrieve a dropped pitch that rolled a few feet away from him. Mauch went out and told the umpires that's a rules violation and actually told them where they could find it in the rule book since he had the damn thing memorized. After conferring, they figured out that there's actually a rule that says a fielder cannot use any piece of equipment other than his glove to field a ball and the runner who was standing on first was awarded second base.

Scioscia argued this in a game against the Yankees when Posada caught a pop up with his glove and mask. In front of the umpire he shook off his glove to unwedge the ball from the mask to get a new ball for the pitcher. Guess how that appeal ended.

This is the most bothersome part: the complete refusal to entertain the belief that they could be wrong and take a few minutes to confer with each other, consult the rule book, and get the decision right.

They conferred twice after two objections by Scioscia and still the three blind mice couldn't get it right.

Aw man I just scrolled up. That sig stands out like an American in Kenya. I vote change the restrictions on sig sizes to not be a block of cheese.

tdawg's argument was almost compelling enough for me to turn on sigs to see what he and Cali are complaining about but instead put them on ignore. Another problem solved!

Aw man I just scrolled up. That sig stands out like an American in Kenya. I vote change the restrictions on sig sizes to not be a block of cheese.

A Costco block of cheese? Or a regular supermarket block?