• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

Among the Angels 2018 Leadoff Options to Consider:

(Revere is likely out of the fold but, they missed him without leading off down the stretch after Upton arrived).

Sign Revere, make him a Chone Figgins for OF, MI or CI utility, and put him at leadoff.

(I bet Scioscia might be asking that himself).  

"Altuve is out there if the Astros don't pick up his 6mil option but that's a [big] fat chance!" someone mentioned.

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Not player news but I'm too lazy to start a thread.

Maddon protege Dave Martinez will manage the Nats

Gabe Kapler will manage the Phillies

So I think that leaves the Yankees job as the only opening unless the Dogs decide to shitcan Roberts

zero chance they fire roberts. that would be asinine.

53 minutes ago, Jeff Williams said:

Among the Angels 2018 Leadoff Options to Consider:

(Revere is likely out of the fold but, they missed him without leading off down the stretch after Upton arrived).

Sign Revere, make him a Chone Figgins for OF, MI or CI utility, and put him at leadoff.

(I bet Scioscia might be asking that himself).  

"Altuve is out there if the Astros don't pick up his 6mil option but that's a [big] fat chance!" someone mentioned.

did you seriously just suggest ben revere as an infielder?

odds of astros not picking up altuve's 6 million option? hmmmm.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Angels Seen As Likely Pursuer of Mike Moustakas....

https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-angels-seen-as-likely-pursuer-of-mike-moustakas/amp/

Heyman has been pushing this regularly and quite firmly since last offseason.

Great now that's it's being talked about it won't happen!!!

All kidding aside i'm praying to god we can sign him and manage a trade for Gordon... Imagine finally having left handed batters again!!!!

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

It is worrisome that a 38 HR, .835 OPS campaign resulted in a 1.8 WAR. 
That's roughly what Yunel gave us in '16.

I would still say it improves an offense that needs improving.  Kinda like how great Trumbo’s numbers were in 2016 but he had a worse WAR than Cron.  

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

It is worrisome that a 38 HR, .835 OPS campaign resulted in a 1.8 WAR. 
That's roughly what Yunel gave us in '16.

A .314 OBP tends to bring down a player's value and he had an off year defensively.   

Moustakas is easily the most overrated bat on the market -- all of two years in his entire career with a positive OPS+, a career .305 OBP, and a lifetime .687 OPS .vs LHP...    I want no part of him.   

I'd rather they look into what the A's may want for Jed Lowrie...   He can actually get on base and is a switch hitter who doesn't fall apart when facing LHPs.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would still say it improves an offense that needs improving.  Kinda like how great Trumbo’s numbers were in 2016 but he had a worse WAR than Cron.  

I'm not 100% aboard the WAR train so I agree - but if his price tag really is in the $75-90m range, the average 1.6 WAR per year he's posted isn't very comforting. 

Three year average, Mike Moustakas vs. Asdrubal Cabrera:
G: 107 vs. 140
BA: .275 vs. .275
OBP: .329 vs. .334
SLG: .496 vs. .447
OPS: .824 vs. .780
OPS+: 117 vs. 110
WAR: 2.3 vs. 1.8
2B: 21 vs. 30
3B: 1 vs. 2
HR: 22 vs. 17
RBI: 60 vs. 60
SB: 0 vs. 5
BB: 29 vs. 41
K: 61 vs. 98

Asdrubal may make one tenth of what Moustakas gets, and can play 2B, 3B, SS, and is a switch-hitter.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

A .314 OBP tends to bring down a player's value and he had an off year defensively.   

Moustakas is easily the most overrated bat on the market -- all of two years in his entire career with a positive OPS+, a career .305 OBP, and a lifetime .687 OPS .vs LHP...    I want no part of him.   

I'd rather they looke into what the A's may want for Jed Lowrie...   He can actually get on base and is a switch hitter who doesn't fall apart when facing LHPs.

And Trumbo's defense affected his WAR in 2016. He is not even an average defender for his position. Way below average on defense.