Sign in to follow this  
calscuf

#metoo

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Umm of course it was an exaggeration. It was intended to be a ridciulous exaggeration. In terms of your second statement, so what?

This is what people believe.  If you were making a joke, I’m sorry that I took it seriously. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is what people believe.  If you were making a joke, I’m sorry that I took it seriously. 

The only real concern I have, and there isn't a solution in my mind, is that a segment of our society is blurring inappropriateness and criminal behavior. They're not the same thing. People have a right to be assholes. 

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yes, because it doesnt exist anymore.

What proof do you have that systemic favoritism has been shown to white males because they're white males? I'm talking recent stuff here.

Let's start with the POTUS.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is first I've heard of Lesbian Privilege.  lol, what?  

Anyway, level of intimacy matters.  Ellen and Katy are clearly good friends.  Let me put it this way.  If you grabbed your wife's butt, she would probably be cool with it.  If I grabbed your wife's butt I'll probably be seeing stars afterward.  

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yes, because it doesnt exist anymore.

What proof do you have that systemic favoritism has been shown to white males because they're white males? I'm talking recent stuff here.

There is a vast amount of data that you can easily explore yourself.   If you want to imagine that there’s no such thing as white privilege that’s your prerogative.  

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That you for using the correct descriptive term. 

Because there is actual physical contact, assault is appropriate description.

Harassment = verbal.  Assault = physical

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

The only real concern I have, and there isn't a solution in my mind, is that a segment of our society is blurring inappropriateness and criminal behavior. They're not the same thing. People have a right to be assholes. 

Agreed but when it comes to unsolicited physical contact.  Particularly with women.  It’s a pretty slippery slope.  Men that do this are asking for trouble.  When they get it, it’s not unfair. 

Is it easier to be a white male than part of another demographic in America? Of course. Generally that is true. I don’t like the word privilege though. In most societies being a man is subjectively and arguably easier and being part of the majority race is also easier. I just don’t think it’s a big deal. Life isn’t fair. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Agreed but when it comes to unsolicited physical contact.  Particularly with women.  It’s a pretty slippery slope.  Men that do this are asking for trouble.  When they get it, it’s not unfair. 

Sure but is a hand on the back (a pretty typical gesture) to a lady you’re letting pass really a crime? Some people think it should be.

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Haha, ok. I thought so.

I know exactly what your opinions are on this.  I imagine you know what I think.  Im not sure why you think the debate needs to be revisited.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sure but is a hand on the back (a pretty typical gesture) to a lady you’re letting pass really a crime? Some people think it should be.

Of course that’s ridiculous.  If someone is pushing that, I’ve never seen it.  

Look, at work I pat women I’m friendly with on the back all the time when they’ve done something well. By back I literally mean back.  The same as I would with a dude buddy   I don’t think that gesture of endearment is the same as grabbing chicks ass and making some suggestive comment.  I don’t know, I’ve never had an issue. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I know exactly what your opinions are on this.  I imagine you know what I think.  Im not sure why you think the debate needs to be revisited.  

Revisited? I don't know if we have had this particular debate on here. I'm just curious to discuss it with you, after all that is the point of a message board I think.

Personally, I think reverse racism against whites is far and away more prevalent today than traditional racism towards blacks or other groups by whites. But even just saying that riles people up.

Example number 1: (note Dinesh is simply asking a question. Seth Rogen got virtually zero heat from this)

image.png.a7aad38f597b65eba4777a5acb179717.png

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Because there is actual physical contact, assault is appropriate description.

Harassment = verbal.  Assault = physical

Legally, at least in California, assault is not actual touching, battery is.  Assault is making a person believe they will be struck.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is it easier to be a white male than part of another demographic in America? 

Maybe white males earned that privilege by creating Western Society.  Now everyone else wants to benefit from our hard work.  How is that fair?

My dictionary contains over 171,000 words. Yours seems to be very limited.

Definition of assault

1 :a violent physical or verbal attack

2 law :a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension (see apprehension 1) of such harm or contact — compare battery 1b

That is not a pat on the ass by a 90 year old in a wheelchair.

My great grandfather read every single word in the dictionary he carried with himself so as to never use the wrong word or misinterpret a word. He was precise in language so much so he passed the bar in three states without ever going to college, let alone high school. He would be aghast at the current misuse or words, stripping them of their power.

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

This is first I've heard of Lesbian Privilege.  lol, what?  

Anyway, level of intimacy matters.  Ellen and Katy are clearly good friends.  Let me put it this way.  If you grabbed your wife's butt, she would probably be cool with it.  If I grabbed your wife's butt I'll probably be seeing stars afterward.  

what if we both grabbed katy perry's butt? 

28 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Legally, at least in California, assault is not actual touching, battery is.  Assault is making a person believe they will be struck.

But Billy Madison said that touching someone's boob is assault.

pCJc1oa.gif