• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pretty sure the administration had nothing to do this.

It was nice (comical) to see the president finally come around and show his "outrage" for this.

He should be outraged since he was kept in the dark about it until we all found out about it. Amazing he's not in the know.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/05/us/politics/irs-scrutiny-went-beyond-the-political.html?hp&_r=2&

I'm sure it was just a matter of time so I figured I would help y'all out, I'm sure you were probably busy watching the extensive conservative news coverage highlighting Grand Theft Issa's fake scandal being blown out of the water before updating this thread.

A nice passage

The controversy that erupted in May has focused on an ideological question: Were conservative groups singled out for special treatment based on their politics, or did the I.R.S. equally target liberal groups? But a closer look at the I.R.S. operation suggests that the problem was less about ideology and more about how a process instructing reviewers to “be on the lookout” for selected terms was applied to any group that mentioned certain words in its application.

Organizations approached by The New York Times based on specific “lookout list” warnings, like advocates for people in “occupied territories” and “open source software developers,” told similar stories of long waits, intrusive inquiries and bureaucratic hassles that pointed to no particular bias but rather to a process that became too rigid and too broad. The lists often did point to legitimate issues: partisan political campaign organizations seeking tax-exempt status, or commercial businesses hoping to cloak themselves as nonprofit groups. But even I.R.S. officials say lookout list warnings were often pursued in a ham-handed or overly rigid way....

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gop-lawmakers-say-irs-scrutiny-likely-not-politically?ref=fpa

A pair of Republican lawmakers told The New York Times in a story published Thursday that the Internal Revenue Service scandal that rocked the agency may not have been politically motivated as previously thought.

Asshattery and poor implementation? Yep. Scandal of epic proportions...probably not. Grand Theft tack back to Benghazi or try and keep pushing this angle?