• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Josh Hamilton smiles, but he doesn't care what fans think

"I don't live day to day by those results, which allows me to live a less stressful life,'' he said.

I would hope getting paid $125 million over the next five years on top of the $24 million he received the last two seasons with Texas would take all the stress out of life...."

Wow, too blessed to be stressed.  I wish I was blessed enough to receive 125 million dollars in the next five years, even if I underperform at my job.  His attitude really blows.

@Stradling.. the Rangers have one the best records in baseball and have the #1 rated farm system in the Majors.  The Halos have one of the worst records in baseball and THE worst rated farm system in the MLB.  

Rangers GM John Daniels represents the real Rangers fans.  Analytics and Metrics based sports fans that believe in Data and Performance over Big Names and imaginary friends.  This is why we let Hamilton and CJ leave the organization.  JD wouldn't give Josh the contract the Halos did because we knew his limitations. We also knew CJ wasn't worth the market demand.  Now for the next five years you will see how they will continue to drag your team down.  Bad contract after bad contract has given the Halos a bleak, disastrous future.  

Let's look at another example.  The Rangers trade for Cliff Lee and give up Smoak.  Smoak has done nothing and is barely in the majors.  Halos trade for Greinke and give up Segura.  Segura is on his way to become one of the best SS in the league.

I won't bring up Gary Matthews Jr because that would be below the belt.

I don't disagree with much of what you've written.

I'm not quite sure what motivates you to troll given all of that. It really baffles me.

There were plenty of Rangers not performing. They all choked together. That's why it's called a team. He was a 5-time All Star and won an MVP award all in a Rangers uniform and yet the Texas fans blame him for all the teams failures. Look out to that big GULF sign and be proud of your butthurt selves. 

some players were injured, michael young got old and became the worst player in baseball, and everything was compounded by having the worst manager in baseball. hamilton got most of the blame because he acted like a ****ing manchild.

LOL ranger fans still not over the Josh Hamilton thing! I think they are starting to pass up the cards fans from last year! Yeah I get it he costed you a playoff berth, the whole Rangers collapse and every single loss that the rangers ever had with Josh Hamilton was his fault. Like rallymo said if they have one of the best records in baseball why do you have to come here to troll? If the Angels were kicking ass I'd enjoy it and talk about the team amongst other angel fans, not find a rival team's message board in order to troll. 3 years of success and all of the sudden you guys are the poster child for all of MLB, give me a ****ing break. 90% of your fans are bandwagoners.

Classless?  He booted a routine ball in center, laughed about it, and then went to go 0'fer at the plate.  This after months of futility at the plate which helped lose the division.  If anyone was classless, it was Hamilton.  There were plenty of Rangers not performing, but he was the only one being boo'ed. Why? Because the fans could see he didn't care.  It was his nonchalant attitude that was being boo'd because the fans cared about winning more than Hamilton.  

Yeah, you're right.  Booting a routine fly ball totally warrants throwing things and swearing at his wife and young child to the point where they needed extra security.  That wasn't classless at all, Hamilton was.  lol.  

I really hate Texas, I hate everything about it. They are such a backwards state it is incredible.

As a Texan, I'm going to disagree with you. There are plenty of things to dislike about Texas, but there are a lot of things to love about it. The silliness I hear from Californians about Texas and the silliness I hear about California from Texans are eerily similar.

Also, Rangers fans that come over to this site and act like absolute tools like this "starving" numbnutz are hardly representative of most Ranger fans. Almost all of my baseball loving friends here are Rangers fans and they're all great. My guess is that guys/ladies like starving are emboldened by the anonymity afforded to them by the nature of message board structure. I would bet starving would be cool to catch a game with, but for some reason or another can come on this board and act like a childish dbag. It's the nature of the internet.

This is the first time I've seen that his winning personality has shone through to the halos fans! Maybe you'll see why we're so "butt hurt" toward him after he sucks your season into a back hole, tells you how much smarter he his than you are, and that the Lord is the only person who can judge him. Because those of you who are worried about results just don't "get it"...you aren't true baseball fans. :)

Ill suck your mother into a black hole.

Your Future is Now has a good point about Segura.

Think about it, Greinke had ONE monster season in 2009 surrounded by solid but not great seasons.

With salaries escalating, was it wise even back in late July to consider trading one of your top 2 prospects who has great tools for a rental?

Ask Detroit (Smoltz for Alexander) and the Red Sux (Bagwell for Andersen) how trades for rentals work out.  

@Stradling.. the Rangers have one the best records in baseball and have the #1 rated farm system in the Majors.  The Halos have one of the worst records in baseball and THE worst rated farm system in the MLB.  

Rangers GM John Daniels represents the real Rangers fans.  Analytics and Metrics based sports fans that believe in Data and Performance over Big Names and imaginary friends.  This is why we let Hamilton and CJ leave the organization.  JD wouldn't give Josh the contract the Halos did because we knew his limitations. We also knew CJ wasn't worth the market demand.  Now for the next five years you will see how they will continue to drag your team down.  Bad contract after bad contract has given the Halos a bleak, disastrous future.  

Let's look at another example.  The Rangers trade for Cliff Lee and give up Smoak.  Smoak has done nothing and is barely in the majors.  Halos trade for Greinke and give up Segura.  Segura is on his way to become one of the best SS in the league.

I won't bring up Gary Matthews Jr because that would be below the belt.

Yeah because Texas never made a bad trade and the Halos never made a good one..

Oh, there was the time the Halos traded Kotchman to get Teix and Kotch didn't do anything. Rangers traded Agone and Chris Young to get RP Otsuka

i wish other ranger fans would stop coming here to disparage the angels organization. it's fun to discuss various topics but knocking another team is kind of lame.

I'm a nice Ranger fan and offer my heartfelt sympathies. After all, you Angels fans were real Princes about the Rangers when we were losing. Also, you are being good Sports about the Angels losing so many games.  Things will turn around one day.  You guys have eight division championships to the Rangers five and you have a World Series win. Maybe one fewer league championship, but that can change.  So there is no reason to feel downtrodden.  One day the Angels will have a good team again. 

As a Texan, I'm going to disagree with you. There are plenty of things to dislike about Texas, but there are a lot of things to love about it. The silliness I hear from Californians about Texas and the silliness I hear about California from Texans are eerily similar.

Also, Rangers fans that come over to this site and act like absolute tools like this "starving" numbnutz are hardly representative of most Ranger fans. Almost all of my baseball loving friends here are Rangers fans and they're all great. My guess is that guys/ladies like starving are emboldened by the anonymity afforded to them by the nature of message board structure. I would bet starving would be cool to catch a game with, but for some reason or another can come on this board and act like a childish dbag. It's the nature of the internet.

Go wade through my posts and find me trolling. I've only ragged on Hamilton because he deserves to be ragged on. I'm not really an enemy. I think most of you guys are pretty funny. Find one example of me making an ad hominem attack on a poster at AW or saying anything derogatory about anyone except Hamilton. My favorite thing about the situation the Angels find themselves in is that it's the situation that Hamilton has made for himself.

This is kinda like if Bernie Madoff had gotten away and some of the people he scammed followed him to his new country club to tell everyone.

Go wade through my posts and find me trolling. I've only ragged on Hamilton because he deserves to be ragged on. I'm not really an enemy. I think most of you guys are pretty funny. Find one example of me making an ad hominem attack on a poster at AW or saying anything derogatory about anyone except Hamilton. My favorite thing about the situation the Angels find themselves in is that it's the situation that Hamilton has made for himself.

This is kinda like if Bernie Madoff had gotten away and some of the people he scammed followed him to his new country club to tell everyone.

shutup

Oh, so this is some kind of public service?

Fascinating.