• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Do you have the Deluxe homeowner's insurance? It costs more but it protects from armies of bears and can lay down a gnar suppressing fire if you're ever in a military shootout. 

Plebeian. If your insurance isn't an army of bears with a 50 cal strapped to their back you might as well leave the door unlocked.

I am curious about the genesis of the whole "everyone who disagrees on this has no dick" thing.   
This is sarcasm of course but it seems a recurring theme that everyone on the other side is flawed, sub human, deplorable, or some other neaderthal-ish personality flaws
Personally it feels like a lack of logic so it gets personal to justify, but it seems to be the norm these days.  Well that and the extremes of it all.  It seems there is only an A or B discussion that will never succeed, weve lost the ability to compromise and have fallen to a point of personal insults in its place. 

4 hours ago, Adam said:

My God if we as a group simply seized control of the legislature in this nation, everything would get fixed. I mean just look at our dialogue and discourse throughout all of these threads.

It's better than not talking to each other, which seems to be how congress runs of late.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

It seems there is only an A or B discussion that will never succeed, we've lost the ability to compromise and have fallen to a point of personal insults in its place. 

that is the problem with congress on absolutely everything meaningful these days. there no longer seems to be a middle ground for anyone.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

that is the problem with congress on absolutely everything meaningful these days. there no longer seems to be a middle ground for anyone.

Dont get me started on that worthless bunch of idiots on all sides.  They more than anything else are why we are where we are.  President come and go but congress is the cockroach of the political world. 
This current one perhaps the worst ever in that they arent even making a token effort to work together.
Im disgusted with the lot of them on both sides. 

21 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Agreed

Frankly, it's a labeling issue and I've never understood why communism appears on the left, right alongside anarchy (which is pretty much a polar opposite). Communism has always been considered a far-left ideology but in practice communist dictatorships have basically been identical to far-right dictatorships like Germany and Italy, as well as theocracies, in that they're all characterized by a highly centralized authority and suppression of individual rights. Going by Wiki, leftism is defined by concepts such as "equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform, and internationalism," while right-wing ideologies are defined by "authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism." Communist regimes clearly resemble the latter. 

When Marx describes the 3 phases of communism, in phase 2 "A dictator or elite leader (or leaders) must gain absolute control over the proletariat. During this phase, the new government exerts absolute control over the common citizen's personal choices -- including his or her education, religion, employment and even marriage. Collectivization of property and wealth must also take place."

Then in phase 3, all non-communists are eradicated, wealth is magically redistributed to the people, and everyone sings kumbaya. But this has been proven to be practically impossible for obvious reasons and as such communist dictatorships just stop at step 2, in which they resemble their far-right counterparts. Communism was never even meant to be practically implemented in full, it was just used as a selling point by aspiring dictators to rally the working class and win power. So I get that ideologically it differs from the far-right, I just don't think it makes sense to label an ideology that's blatantly flawed and likely even intentionally misleading based on what it's "supposed to be." 

Communism is 

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Frankly, it's a labeling issue and I've never understood why communism appears on the left, right alongside anarchy (which is pretty much a polar opposite). Communism has always been considered a far-left ideology but in practice communist dictatorships have basically been identical to far-right dictatorships like Germany and Italy, as well as theocracies, in that they're all characterized by a highly centralized authority and suppression of individual rights. Going by Wiki, leftism is defined by concepts such as "equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform, and internationalism," while right-wing ideologies are defined by "authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism." Communist regimes clearly resemble the latter. 

When Marx describes the 3 phases of communism, in phase 2 "A dictator or elite leader (or leaders) must gain absolute control over the proletariat. During this phase, the new government exerts absolute control over the common citizen's personal choices -- including his or her education, religion, employment and even marriage. Collectivization of property and wealth must also take place."

Then in phase 3, all non-communists are eradicated, wealth is magically redistributed to the people, and everyone sings kumbaya. But this has been proven to be practically impossible for obvious reasons and as such communist dictatorships just stop at step 2, in which they resemble their far-right counterparts. Communism was never even meant to be practically implemented in full, it was just used as a selling point by aspiring dictators to rally the working class and win power. So I get that ideologically it differs from the far-right, I just don't think it makes sense to label an ideology that's blatantly flawed and likely even intentionally misleading based on what it's "supposed to be." 

What is your opinion on Venezuela these days? 

On 10/2/2017 at 3:18 PM, red321 said:

* Consistent national background check and 5 day waiting period. Spend money to ensure the system is accurate and quick. Require basic firearm safety tests, similar to getting a license. People who have been convicted of a felony, or violent crime either lose all rights to own firearms or a long period of time after the conviction (for example....5 years). This should also require checking a mental health database. Yes, I realize this is not fleshed out...this should be part of the conversation.

* Ban high capacity magazines. I'd say 7, but if you wanted to push for 10. There is no need for a high capacity magazine...if someone says they are using it for hunting and can't hit a deer with 10 shots...you shouldn't be hunting

* Make it more difficult to swap out magazines. California requires a separate button to be pushed to eject a magazine, slows down the process.

* Close gun show loopholes

* Allow CDC and government to study gun violence and ways to reduce gun violence

* Stronger penalties for those who perform straw purchases and resell guns

* Take a long hard look at military style assault weapons and weapons that are designed for efficient killing (as compared to hunting, self-defense, and sport shooting) and identify sensible policies as it relates to these type of weapons. 

These are a few ideas, I'm sure there are a lot more...the point being we should be having frank and realistic discussions instead of it devolving instantly into the government is trying to take my guns.

In Japan, it's illegal to possess a firearm.  But people do own firearms legally.  And in order to do so, they must store and use said guns at gun clubs.  

Maybe this is the way to appease both sides?  You can have the military style assault weapons and magazines that go with it.  But they must be securely stored and used at regulated gun clubs only.  They can't be taken off property, unless needed for a militia per the 2nd (which really shouldn't happen), and if they are taken off property (except by secure courier to transfer to another gun club), then the club has a financial and legal obligation to inform law enforcement immediately.  But wouldn't this also satisfy the keep and bear arms?  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

In Japan, it's illegal to possess a firearm.  But people do own firearms legally.  And in order to do so, they must store and use said guns at gun clubs.  

Maybe this is the way to appease both sides?  You can have the military style assault weapons and magazines that go with it.  But they must be securely stored and used at regulated gun clubs only.  They can't be taken off property, unless needed for a militia per the 2nd (which really shouldn't happen), and if they are taken off property (except by secure courier to transfer to another gun club), then the club has a financial and legal obligation to inform law enforcement immediately.  But wouldn't this also satisfy the keep and bear arms?  

How does that work if you own one for self protection?

by the time a congress that would potentially move to change things comes in the memory of this will have faded.  nothing is going to happen.  The culture has to change, and frankly as Ive mentioned before.  If 20 babies being murdered didn't stigmatize gun ownership.  This event wont either.  People have to be shamed into giving up the guns.  We just aren't anywhere near that.  Who knows if we ever will be in our life times.  

For fucks sake, they were deciding on whether we were gonna have silencers or not.  this congress isnt bringing legislation thats gonna curb guns.

Earlier this year they made it easier for mentally disturbed people to get guns.  they're moving away from gun control.

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Steve Scalise thinks gun control is "the wrong way to approach this"  

Dudes a good soldier.  I'll give him that.

The way I look at it is what is creating more laws going to do? Will people just start following the law now?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

The way I look at it is what is creating more laws going to do? Will people just start following the law now?

We've eliminated drug use and DUIs so...yeah?

The challenge is the geographic specifics of the US. Much easier here to have a booming black market for prohibited goods than in Europe or Island nations.

But, if our government is willing to require some poor black chick to get a license to do hair (such a dangerous occupation) they can certainly do something to appease the anti-gun crowd with this.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

We've eliminated drug use and DUIs so...yeah?

The challenge is the geographic specifics of the US. Much easier here to have a booming black market for prohibited goods than in Europe or Island nations.

But, if our government is willing to require some poor black chick to get a license to do hair (such a dangerous occupation) they can certainly do something to appease the anti-gun crowd with this.

They only bother with stuff like that if they can suck more money from us. As for appeasing the anti gun crowd, they won't be satisfied until no guns are allowed. What's weird to me is that the left is so convinced that the system is oppressive to them and based on systematic racism. They also believe the current president is a Nazi, fascist and the same as Hitler yet they are OK with the government being the only entity allowed to have guns. Weird