• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

Only one death and no AR-15 was used. It doesn't quite fit the narrative. An 18 year old male and a female juvenile in custody. 

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/05/08/devon-erickson-kendrick-castillo-killed-girl-suspect-colorado-stem-school-shooting-highlands-ranch/

Yep, this... totally this in fact.  Every time one doesnt fit the narrative you hear very little. 
You wanna know one you probably havent heard of, the kid who shot a cop in cold blood in the department parking lot.  Literally walked up and pow, dead officer, its gotten even less coverage, im guessing you can figure why. 

While the AR-15 has been the topic of controversy due to multiple factors, I think death toll is the bigger factor. Virginia Tech proves that. No AR but death toll plenty high.

Plus I've seen this story circulating around so not sure where you guys aren't seeing it.

I saw it being reported yesterday as it happened.  School shootings and mass shooting aren’t particularly remarkable events anymore.  15 school shootings in the last year.  Not sure why it’s shocking that there’s not blanket 24 hour coverage. 

Also, 8 shot students is a significant event.  Solidly good chance that those injuries are severe and life altering.  

42 minutes ago, Kevin said:

While the AR-15 has been the topic of controversy due to multiple factors, I think death toll is the bigger factor. Virginia Tech proves that. No AR but death toll plenty high.

Plus I've seen this story circulating around so not sure where you guys aren't seeing it.

It has absolutely been reported.  I saw it on the news yesterday as it was happening. 

56 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Shout out to all the assholes who attended the vigil last night where the kids and families just wanted to love, support and grieve with each other.  Never miss an opportunity to turn victims into political pawns.

I'm curious what they said. Probably something about the NRA being responsible for it.   21 is the minimum age limit to purchase a handgun. There are already "sensible" laws to prevent tragedies like this. 

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm curious what they said. Probably something about the NRA being responsible for it.   21 is the minimum age limit to purchase a handgun. There are already "sensible" laws to prevent tragedies like this. 

Too lazy to look, but I'm assuming the kids took the guns from their parents?

If so, hold the parents/gun owners responsible as well.

Edit:  Yeah, the 18 year old used his parents gun. 

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

For votes in upcoming elections. They get to put on their resume being there and being concerned for the public. Even though they will offer no solutions or initiate change. 

Oh, I get why they would want to be there. I don't understand why they were allowed  to speak. It's obvious they didn't know the students and even more obvious why their agenda would be. 

Still no response from either Senator Bennet (2020 Presidential candidate) or Rep. Jason Crow on how their actions last night impacted these grieving kids and their families.  Just laying low and hoping it blows over, I guess.

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

Oh, I get why they would want to be there. I don't understand why they were allowed  to speak. It's obvious they didn't know the students and even more obvious why their agenda would be. 

The adults caved to the celebrity appearance rather than tell them to get back in their limos and go back to their offices and do some real work. 

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

This is exactly why I don't understand why people get excited about a politician (or their party). They're all pieces of shit. 

Yup.  Instead of celebrating and remember the heroic actions of someone like Kendrick Castillo, everyone runs to their political corners to make pawns of the kids and families.

• 4 weeks later...