• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

23 minutes ago, floplag said:

Or, not everyone sees it that way.  I for one do not.   Politics doesn't shape my life. 
Regardless this did not happen because of guns, it happened because a man decided to kill.   People are laser focused on HOW he did so and ignoring completely WHY because its fits their dialog and agenda.
Advocates of removal of freedoms should be uncomfortable most days, thats under far more duress today than anything else

No, this happened because a man who decided to kill had such easy access to guns. He could have brought a shit-ton of knives, but that wouldn't have killed 58 people and injured 515 more.

I am so sick of the "guns don't kill people" narrative. People WITH guns kill people.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

One difference is that alcohol isn't protected by the Constitution 

You are right about that. 

The constituiton has been changed and should be changed again.  We don't live a world where we need our gun to go run and join the militia to fight off the English.  Which was the purpose of the 2nd amendment. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean.  You're right. 

And by a wide margin, they take up about 50% of all Americans cause of death each year and yet we spend so little as a nation on research.

But let's talk guns, alcohol and banjos. I'm sure that will be resolved with the usual cure by more taxes as the solution.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

And by a wide margin, they take up about 50% of all Americans cause of death each year and yet we spend so little as a nation on research.

But let's talk guns, alcohol and banjos. I'm sure that will be resolved with the usual cure by more taxes as the solution.

Hey man, the tea party people were all butt hurt about Michelle Obama trying to teach kids to excerise and not eat like fat fucks.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You are right about that. 

The constituiton has been changed and should be changed again.  We don't live a world where we need our gun to go run and join the militia to fight off the English.  Which was the purpose of the 2nd amendment. 

You trust the government enough to be the only ones armed?

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You trust the government enough to be the only ones armed?

Yes mostly, and generally I don't have a choice.  Not that it matters.  Even if I went out and got a gun to stop tyranny.  It 100% would end in miserable failure. 

We have access to guns.  Not heavy military equipment.  

If things got that bad, massive civil disobedience is historically more effective then armed insurrection.  Particularly since we've move away from the age of combat with muskets. 

I mean, you're almost arguing that we should have access to tanks and such.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, floplag said:

I have extreme disdain for those who use tragedy to further agenda.  If this is your priority right now, your priorities are wrong. 

I'm sure if the shooter were a brown Mooslim, our president and the Republicans in Congress would not be using this tragedy to talk about immigration.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yes mostly, and generally I don't have a choice.  Not that it matters.  Even if I went out and got a gun to stop tyranny.  It 100% would end in miserable failure. 

We have access to guns.  Not heavy military equipment.  

If things got that bad, massive civil disobedience is historically more effective then armed insurrection.  Particularly since we've move away from the age of combat with muskets. 

Nope.  Regardless, go ahead and make the push to repeal the 2nd amendment, or we can have real discussions 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Are you sure you're not a high level US military leader from the time period of 60 years ago to present day?

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

You think good results come from fear and anger?

I think we've lost the point. We've let charlatans tell us "it's too soon" to talk about mass killings. We've decided the killing of 20+ children at school is "oh well...it's unavoidable". We've decided the ability to build a machine gun nest on the 32nd floor of a hotel spending 15+ minutes raining bullets down on a crowd of 20,000 is just something that happens. (think about it...something like 500+ injured...how many actually bullets were shot)?

We should be mad...we should be angry. There is a trade organization that spends millions of dollars spreading fear and their dystopian vision in order to increase their profits and what's to make more of these tools of death available in more and more powerful versions. We've don't even let the CDC and government study gun violence and ways to reduce gun violence.

But hey...it's cool.

Thoughts and prayers

1 minute ago, red321 said:

I think we've lost the point. We've let charlatans tell us "it's too soon" to talk about mass killings. We've decided the killing of 20+ children at school is "oh well...it's unavoidable". We've decided the ability to build a machine gun nest on the 32nd floor of a hotel spending 15+ minutes raining bullets down on a crowd of 20,000 is just something that happens. (think about it...something like 500+ injured...how many actually bullets were shot)?

We should be mad...we should be angry. There is a trade organization that spends millions of dollars spreading fear and their dystopian vision in order to increase their profits and what's to make more of these tools of death available in more and more powerful versions. We've don't even let the CDC and government study gun violence and ways to reduce gun violence.

But hey...it's cool.

Thoughts and prayers

I think the point is to be rational

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Are you sure you're not a high level US military leader from the time period of 60 years ago to present day?

You got me. 

Seriously though.  Contemporary armed rebellions rarely suceed. 

Not that civil disobedience always works.  But I can think of several that have. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I read a comment earlier today that struck me. The second amendment talks about a "well-regulated militia." It's interesting how you never hear those words thrown around when the gun control debate comes up. It's always about the "right to bear arms," which for some means the right to own guns without any restrictions.