• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can't Park a Wrapped (Advertising) Car at Angels Stadium

jdodd

22140802_1681735658511980_4266259624350031345_n.jpg.5f6ebe47929c1a8dba802ff5a883181c.jpg

Tonight we almost weren't allowed to park at tonight's game because our 2003 Honda Odyssey has an advertising wrap for our business.  We have been season ticket holders for 13 years and have been driving this van to the stadium with a wrap since 2009.  We live in Palm Springs and have 3 boys, 2 large dogs, and stay at the beach when we go to games.  We HAVE to take our van to fit everyone and everything we need.  

Tonight we were stopped at the parking booth, the attendant called over his supervisor, and his supervisor told us we couldn't park in the stadium lot because we had a wrap on our van.  The only reason they let us in was we made lots of noise that we are season ticket holders.  They told us to "park close to the cars next to us", so the City of Anaheim wouldn't see the wrap. We've been debating whether or not to renew our season tickets, and this will probably seal the deal on giving up our seats.  

Angel Stadium has gotten a lot more "dicky" this season.

2 months ago I went to a mid-week game. Buying a cheap 500 level seat I sat down in a virtually empty section 102 about 20 rows up. Some big usher type asked if I had a ticket for that section. I fibbed saying the wife had them and she was getting food.

He told me he'd return because he "wants to keep this section PURE. that people buy 500 level seats and sit in the lower seats....and that's not fair. These seats cost $40"

Ummm...I'm a 58 year old man. Moving into better seats until kicked out is part of stadium fun. Been doing it for decades. But I watched this usher kick out dozens of fans in 101 - 102 - 103 and hassle others to produce their tickets {I observed from the 200 level...I didn't want to be be hassled anymore by big boy}

Who cares if people are sitting in lower level seats? Not taking anyone's seat...it's unsold. You think Arte wants the joint to look empty on TV? 

Maybe it's a new policy? It's BS...

10 hours ago, jdodd said:

22140802_1681735658511980_4266259624350031345_n.jpg.5f6ebe47929c1a8dba802ff5a883181c.jpg

Tonight we almost weren't allowed to park at tonight's game because our 2003 Honda Odyssey has an advertising wrap for our business.  We have been season ticket holders for 13 years and have been driving this van to the stadium with a wrap since 2009.  We live in Palm Springs and have 3 boys, 2 large dogs, and stay at the beach when we go to games.  We HAVE to take our van to fit everyone and everything we need.  

Tonight we were stopped at the parking booth, the attendant called over his supervisor, and his supervisor told us we couldn't park in the stadium lot because we had a wrap on our van.  The only reason they let us in was we made lots of noise that we are season ticket holders.  They told us to "park close to the cars next to us", so the City of Anaheim wouldn't see the wrap. We've been debating whether or not to renew our season tickets, and this will probably seal the deal on giving up our seats.  

That's pretty absurd in my opinion. As an employee at the stadium, we actually have an employee that drives a wrapped truck herself.

47 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

Angel Stadium has gotten a lot more "dicky" this season.

2 months ago I went to a mid-week game. Buying a cheap 500 level seat I sat down in a virtually empty section 102 about 20 rows up. Some big usher type asked if I had a ticket for that section. I fibbed saying the wife had them and she was getting food.

He told me he'd return because he "wants to keep this section PURE. that people buy 500 level seats and sit in the lower seats....and that's not fair. These seats cost $40"

Ummm...I'm a 58 year old man. Moving into better seats until kicked out is part of stadium fun. Been doing it for decades. But I watched this usher kick out dozens of fans in 101 - 102 - 103 and hassle others to produce their tickets {I observed from the 200 level...I didn't want to be be hassled anymore by big boy}

Who cares if people are sitting in lower level seats? Not taking anyone's seat...it's unsold. You think Arte wants the joint to look empty on TV? 

Maybe it's a new policy? It's BS...

As an Usher at the stadium, I agree that it could be a bit ridiculous. I do know which Usher you are talking about, too. It's really hard to justify over an online conversation, but that Usher should have given you a better explanation. I would have for sure. 

If you really want to move down to the field level, typically the best time would be during the 6th/7th inning. We usually stop checking tickets by then.

11 hours ago, jdodd said:

Is there a City Ordinance that prohibits wrapped cars?  Who from the City would be enforcing such an Ordinance?

16 hours ago, jdodd said:

Do you also own a car wash?

geez.

I could see it if the van had one of those ad signs affixed on top of it that could be removed  and may have been placed there just to have advertising in the parking lot.

but not a company vehicle with a logo on the side.

that's ridiculous............hope you guys can work this out and maintain your season tickets.

perhaps after the 2017 season, you don't want them anyway -- but its a sad state of affairs when you're forced to take this action (giving up your seats) because of an unreasonable (and perhaps illegal - hard to say) policy by the City of Anaheim.

I'm on your side and I think most posters on this Board are or would be as well.  Hope you can work it out. Angels need all the faithful fans they can -- not drive them away from the team.

1 hour ago, jdodd said:

Yes I do. Palm Springs Auto Wash

Are you Walter White ? 

Seriously tho, I would contact your ticket rep and have them give u an explanation.  Seems odd that all of sudden after all these years and this entire season someone finally caught it.  Might just be an overzealous employee misinterpreting something.  I mean, you're there as a fan.  You aren't advertising deliberately. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I plan on calling tomorrow. Seriously though, this is probably last nail in coffin. I have had 3 reps this year. I told the last and present one Marcus Simms last month we might not renew. It seemed like it was not  a huge loss to him. This year the Angels did away with the option to purchase all promotional items in a box. I have purchased my limit and donated all to a local Christmas Toy drive for years.

And the resale value of my upper view mvp tickets is almost zero dollars. I will still attend  games just buy ticket's when i want to go.

35 minutes ago, jdodd said:

Still waiting for ANYONE from the Angel's to call me. Left  messages for 3 different people 

You’ve reached the Angels ticket office.....your call is important to us. We are currently closed until spring. Please leave a detailed message. If you’re interested in tickets for the RV Show, Supercross or Monster trucks please stay on the line .......<click>