• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social Security today

Social Security  

26 members have voted

1. 1. End Social Security?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure yet, I'll do some reading on Wikipedia and get back to you.
    • Reform and Restructure

My issue isn't with the retirement benefit. It's with qualification for disability payments, and how many people pull it off for the thinnest of reasons. I personally know of two cases in which the individuals involved qualified for disability due to self-inflicted conditions - one who fried his brain through repeated street drug abuse, the other who killed too many brain cells with beer and bourbon. The first person I mentioned never worked a day in his adult life. He was 18 when he was granted disability.

I turn 65 in 2020. I hope that there is something still left, since I've been paying into this system for decades now.

He's right about one thing. If you expect your cash to be worth anything in 20 years you're going to be very disappointed.

Maybe so, but if its owed to me, I want it.

Not having it would be worse than getting it but its not worth as much.

I'm with Tank, still. Hopefully the money isn't worthless in the end but even if it is I still want it. A little bit of nothing is better that nothing of a little.

Both you and Tank are greedy suckers...........and I agree with the two of you.  I want mine!

I know I'm dating myself but I took the reduced benefit at 62, then I became a part time employee for my wife.  Hey, I worked over 45 years most of it paying the employee and employer both parts.  My Dad worked over 40 years and never was able to collect a dime, so I wanted something back for my work.  It pays for perhaps my food and fuel.  The rest I spend on postage and envelopes.

Both you and Tank are greedy suckers...........and I agree with the two of you.  I want mine!

okay, but nobody else is allowed to claim any or the three of us will get less.

and ultimately, that's the most important thing in all of this.

Simply change the 3 target dates to further out, since we are working later in life.

Age 62.5 to age 65, age 66 to age 68.5, and age 70 to age 72.5. 

That will help some.

I agree with this.  When SS was started, people did not live as long as they do today.  We need to push up the ages a bit.