• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USC gonna cheat, USC gonna assault

nate

I heard a college basketball analyst from ESPN last night, and he said that this is just the beginning, and that a number of other schools are going to be named and more arrests made as this unfolds. I'm sure that a lot of these coaches believed that the worst that could happen to them was that they would be sanctioned by the NCAA. I'm sure that none of them believed that they might be facing prison time for this (reporters keep saying "jail", which drives me nuts - jails are where you sit for a year or less, or while you're awaiting trial).

11 minutes ago, nate said:

Pitino and the Louisville AD fired.

The analyst that I heard last night said that Pitino was probably gone. The AD might have been more of a surprise.

Pitino, 65, released a statement after news of the charges was announced Tuesday, saying: "These allegations come as a complete shock to me."

"If true, I agree with the U.S. Attorneys Office that these third-party schemes, initiated by a few bad actors, operated to commit a fraud on the impacted universities and their basketball programs, including the University of Louisville," he said. "Our fans and supporters deserve better and I am committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable."

I call bullshit.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

lol

image.gif

This scene is from "Prescription: Murder", the original pilot movie for the series. Columbo had a much more hard-nosed persona which they toned down for the series. Favorite scene was his (successful) attempt to break down the girlfriend and accomplice of the killer, played by Gene Barry.

Great movie.

ironfist.png

Lt. Columbo: Miss Hudson? I hope you understand that this is only the beginning. In a way, I feel sorry for you, because from now on, I'm going to do everything I can to break you down. Do you understand? Doctor Flemming made one mistake and you're it. You're the weak link, Miss Hudson. Now, you surprised me today, because you were strong, but there's always tomorrow and the day after that... and the day after that... and sooner or later, you're going to talk to me. Until you do, you're going to be questioned. You're going to be followed... and you're going to be hounded... and Doctor Flemming can't do anything about it. You're on your own, Miss Hudson and I'm going to get to him through you. That's a promise.

Edited by fan_since79

It is basketball, the AAU circuit is predominantly black.

Since Adidas and Nike seem to be the focal points I expect UCLA to get dragged in at some point.  Shabazz Muhammad and the Balls both seem too shady to me.

When it pivots to Football... and it will, then it will really get interesting.

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I wonder if we are going to hear any mentions of racism here as it looks like all that have been charged are african-american.

I was wondering the same thing as soon as I saw the photos of the first batch of arrestees. They didn't show the Adidas employees who were arrested, and I am assuming that there are some white guys in that group.

To put this in perspective about the University of Louisville - who would have ever thought that there would be a school where Bobby Petrino would be the more honorable coach among the major sports?

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was wondering the same thing as soon as I saw the photos of the first batch of arrestees. They didn't show the Adidas employees who were arrested, and I am assuming that there are some white guys in that group.

To put this in perspective about the University of Louisville - who would have ever thought that there would be a school where Bobby Petrino would be the more honorable coach among the major sports?

The thing about Louisville vs USC or UCLA, is you can see why someone would want to come to West LA, but the only  way you would go to Louisville is if you are a moron or are being paid to go there.

1 minute ago, nate said:

The thing about Louisville vs USC or UCLA, is you can see why someone would want to come to West LA, but the only  way you would go to Louisville is if you are a moron or are being paid to go there.

Especially when you consider that they are only the #2 program in the state because of the University of Kentucky's long history of winning basketball.