• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pit Bulls = Killers

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Woman in Modesto killed by stray dogs and found dead in a driveway. Detectives cannot find the dogs and do not know the breed, but I can hazard a guess.

http://www.modbee.com/latest-news/article192268769.html

I'm guessing all the wild fox terriers in town will be rounded up and euthanized over this.

• 3 weeks later...

I know a guy who runs an animal rescue that tries to rehabilitate pitbulls in kill shelters. He's had pretty good success in converting a lot of them into certified service and therapy animals. 

My niece was mauled by a pitbull when she was 7, and had to get plastic surgery around her mouth and cheek. 

Seems to me like a lot of it comes down to bad owners and bad regulations for breeding, but I don't know much about it, really. 

The problem isn't really the breed.  They aren't even considered as near the same level of aggression as the Rotweiler, Doberman, or German Shepherd, the typical watch-dog/police breeds.  I've had friends with well trained and cared for pit bulls that were amazing, gentle, fun pets.  The problem is the ghetto/desert/rural assholes who buy them because they look tough, then don't train them, tie them up and leave them outside, don't interact with them, don't socialize them with other people or other animals, and encourage aggression.  The number of poorly trained and neglected pit bulls in shelters is staggering, especially in the seedier parts of cities or rural areas.  It has almost everything to do with the owner demographics.  The legitimate concern is that it is was literally bred back in history to fight other dogs, so you can't just take them off the leash at the dog park and assume they'll be ok, they won't necessarily instigate but they won't back down and are savage fighters.

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 11:58 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

I know a guy who runs an animal rescue that tries to rehabilitate pitbulls in kill shelters. He's had pretty good success in converting a lot of them into certified service and therapy animals. 

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why some people go to such lengths to save dogs (especially ones that require "rehabilitation"). Dogs aren't humans, but I think a lot of people don't realize that. It just amazes me the efforts some people will go to save a dog rather than a person. 

• 2 months later...

My bleeding heart sister adopted an “American Staffordshire Terrier” a few weeks back. I told her my kids can visit when she gets rid of her pit bull. She tried to exclaim how it’s a different breed and blah blah blah...

And I thought my brother was the dumbass of the family. 

• 3 weeks later...

My in-laws have a pitbull mix. It's the sweetest, calmest dog you'll ever meet.

It all depends on how they are raised. I would definitely be wary of adopting one that's been alive for several years, since you don't know what kind of subhumans raised it.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

My in-laws have a pitbull mix. It's the sweetest, calmest dog you'll ever meet.

It all depends on how they are raised. I would definitely be wary of adopting one that's been alive for several years, since you don't know what kind of subhumans Raiders fans raised it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A toddler who was attacked by the family dog in North Carolina last week has died, according to reports on Oct. 29.

Triniti Harrell, of Rocky Mount, was hospitalized at UNC Children’s Hospital in Chapel Hill since the attack, WRAL reported. A deputy shot and killed the dog while it was attacking the girl.

Animal rights group PETA stated that pit bulls are “the most abused dogs on earth.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/toddler-mauled-by-family-dog-later-dies-in-north-carolina-reports_2702887.html

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, calscuf said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3937892/girl-5-is-mauled-by-an-emotional-support-pitbull-at-an-airport-leaving-her-with-horror-injuries/

If you have an emotional support pit bull, you are a f*cking piece of garbage and deserve to die from whatever psychiatric ailment caused you to seek the assistance of a living weapon as emotional support.

Next time just start dating a gangbanger you useless crease.

An emotional support gang banger?