• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pit Bulls = Killers

I have a friend of a friend who just got attacked by her own pit bulls. It seems the dogs started fighting with eachother and when she tried to stop it, on attacked her. Bit her bad enough there was blood on the floor and an ambulance had to take her to the hospital.

And I am guessing she will quickly come to the defense of the dogs?

This may not go over well, but in my experience with a wide range of pit bulls over my life, they are protective aggressive dogs. It's just in their instincts. They will attack if they feel threatened. They will also attack if they're raised crapilly to attack.

And how they're raised and who is in charge of keeping them in line really has a lot to do with the person owning them. I would say an overwhelming majority of pit bull owners are not even qualified to raise their own children, not to mention unable to train a dog to not attack when in fear or provoked. This is the underlying problem.

A lot of problems also stem from people who see them, then get afraid. They smell fear. If you're scared or sketchy on them, then they will be too. That uncertainty plays a huge psychological role with how the dog will react, and when you bring down that level of fear and uncertainty, you're much less likely to have a problem with them.

My buddy has 2 pit bulls and every time I come to his house, I get "kisses" from the older one, just so they both know, there's nothing I'm going to do to harm them, and the younger one knows if he does anything, the older one would stop him. And it'd defend me with its life.

They are some of the sweetest dogs in the world, but come with dire consequences if not raised and trained adequately.

Couple of months ago, I'm working outside, in the front yard.  I had gloves and my orange-handled shovel and was digging holes for some new plantings.  I hear a noise behind and turn to see a pit advancing on me.  I turned on my "cute dog" voice and reach out with my hand so the pit can smell.  I'm thinking about not projecting fear and instead of smelling the hand, the dog backs up like I was being aggessive. 

I noticed that the dog seemed agitated, constantly moving around and whining a little.  I also noticed a fresh scratch along the bridge of the nose.  I hear the woman in the background calling her dog, but not really coming up my driveway to fetch her dog. 

Then the dog starts barking at me.  I'm thinking, "what did I do? I"m just trying to be nice to you!"  Well, I started to get anxious and realize this isn't going well.  Then the ears went back. 

Out of the depths of my memory I remember hearing that if the ears go back, a dog is about to turn aggressive.  I then beat a hasty retreat into my garage.  I was also worried about my girlfriend's dog coming out from the backyard.  (I had left the gate open so that I could move about from the backyard to the front with plants and mulch and such.)

Still...the woman was nowehere to be found, still standing on the sidewalk trying to cajole her Spawn of Satan to come back to the yard.  It was like she was treating the dog like a teen.  "Come home and I'll make you your favorite ice cream dessert dear!"  At that point I realized the dog was about to rush me and I had enough, so I went inside. 

I came out about two minutes later and the dog was still in the driveway!  It saw me come out and immediately started barking and rushed towards me.  Back to the garage.  Clearly this dog was upset. 

Eventually, the woman got her dog back in the house and came over and apologized.  She did let me know that their other dog had scratched the pit in a fit of anger.  I reasoned that perhaps this was the reason she was so agitated. 

I told my girlfriend later that if that dog came at this bro again, I'd deal with it like a boss! 

Run like hell.

Couple of months ago, I'm working outside, in the front yard. I had gloves and my orange-handled shovel and was digging holes for some new plantings. I hear a noise behind and turn to see a pit advancing on me. I turned on my "cute dog" voice and reach out with my hand so the pit can smell. I'm thinking about not projecting fear and instead of smelling the hand, the dog backs up like I was being aggessive.

I noticed that the dog seemed agitated, constantly moving around and whining a little. I also noticed a fresh scratch along the bridge of the nose. I hear the woman in the background calling her dog, but not really coming up my driveway to fetch her dog.

Then the dog starts barking at me. I'm thinking, "what did I do? I"m just trying to be nice to you!" Well, I started to get anxious and realize this isn't going well. Then the ears went back.

Out of the depths of my memory I remember hearing that if the ears go back, a dog is about to turn aggressive. I then beat a hasty retreat into my garage. I was also worried about my girlfriend's dog coming out from the backyard. (I had left the gate open so that I could move about from the backyard to the front with plants and mulch and such.)

Still...the woman was nowehere to be found, still standing on the sidewalk trying to cajole her Spawn of Satan to come back to the yard. It was like she was treating the dog like a teen. "Come home and I'll make you your favorite ice cream dessert dear!" At that point I realized the dog was about to rush me and I had enough, so I went inside.

I came out about two minutes later and the dog was still in the driveway! It saw me come out and immediately started barking and rushed towards me. Back to the garage. Clearly this dog was upset.

Eventually, the woman got her dog back in the house and came over and apologized. She did let me know that their other dog had scratched the pit in a fit of anger. I reasoned that perhaps this was the reason she was so agitated.

I told my girlfriend later that if that dog came at this bro again, I'd deal with it like a boss!

Run like hell.

You should have come back out and blasted the dog. That would have (1) taught the dog not to be aggressive toward humans, and (2) taught your idiot neighbor to never again let a dog of hers escape.

A couple years ago my wife and young son were taking out the trash when my neighbor's Staffordshire terrier charged at them and jumped at my wife. We didn't even know they had a dog. I rushed home from work and was on the lookout for a loose pit bull (which is what my wife had thought jumped her - she didn't know it was the neighbor's dog). I was mad enough to have run one over if I had come across one. Thankfully I didn't.

I used to consider myself a dog lover, but after having had kids I think it is insane how much money and emotion people put into pets. They are just animals. No human should ever suffer at the hands of a dog. And aggressive dogs should be put down quickly.

• 1 month later...

Now I'm mad.

"The same pit bulls were quarantined for 10 days in December of last year after they bit a 9-year-old girl and her mother as the pair walked by the Aloha Street home, police said.

The dogs allegedly dug a hole below the fence in place and made puncture wounds in the victims' skin, but the injuries did not meet the criteria under Texas law to deem the dogs dangerous, cops said."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Totally disagree that pit bulls are killers. I own a Boxer - Pitbull mix and know several pitbull owners who have raised them normally and they're one of the most sweetest dogs.

Here's my Princess.

10356322_10206143557884412_8199775158330

Awesome cutie.

They can be great dogs but they have a relatively high propensity to snap. My uber sweet sister who knows how to handle and own dogs has two Boxers and one Rot. There have been too many incidents and the dogs are now gone. One of my clients had his younger daughter's ear ripped off by their Mastiff. And I've seen Pits go from loving to nuts many times. I have tons of other anecdotal evidence as do others. The reality is that these dogs were bred to have the nature to fight and ability to do damage.

All dogs can be assholes and crazy but some breeds are significantly more unpredictable.