• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pit Bulls = Killers

• 6 months later...

Why would anyone get a pit bull

Just awful dogs all the way around

My senior year of high school, was going on a hike with a few friends, we were going down this hill...at the bottom of the hill was a white fence. A pit bull came out of no where, ran underneath the fence and starting chasing us back up the hill. Thankfully there was a chain link fence at the top of the hill that we were able to get to and hop over...but it was pretty scary seeing the aggression and mean streak in that 100 pound dog

Edited by Butcher'd

• 1 month later...

I think pitbulls are a great breed if handled properly. Still, I don't know if I would have them around young children. 99.999 percent of the time I'm sure they make it through without incident but then you read about these stories and it makes you wonder if it's worth the risk even if it is a really small one. Great dogs but maybe not for all young families.

• 3 weeks later...

What blows my mind is all the people on Facebook who constantly post about (1) nice things some pit bull has done,(2) pit bulls that need to be adopted, and (3) pit bulls that have allegedly been abused. I have only a few hundred Facebook friends, yet at least three or four of them are dedicated to convincing the world that pit bulls should be treated better than orphan children. These same people don't give two shits about Golden Retrievers, labs, or spaniels. But God forbid someone should try to euthanize a vicious pit bull.

Edited by wopphil

• 1 month later...

http://abc30.com/news/pit-bull-set-to-be-euthanized-after-attack-on-baby-stolen-in-tulare-co/475596/

I'm glad someone broke the innocent dog for dudes with masculinity issues out of dog jail. Who cares that it ate an infants face?!

You can get pit Bulls from shelters every day of the week. What dumbass felt he needed to steal one? Hope the dog bites him in the balls just to teach him a lesson and remove him from the gene pool. Edited by notti

• 1 month later...

Last week my friend was driving down the street and witnessed a loose pit bull attacking a dog on a leash. The owner (a girl she said looked about 10) standing there in horror crying. A cop happened to drive by, pulled over and shot the pit bull. Thank god that cop happened to be there.

Pit bulls don't kill people, their owners do.  I have a couple friends with pit bulls that are some of the sweetest dogs I have ever been around.  If the owners train them to be killers then they will be.

I keep hearing this, but it doesn't explain the cases in which they suddenly turn on a family member who they have never shown aggressive tendencies toward before.

Last week my friend was driving down the street and witnessed a loose pit bull attacking a dog on a leash. The owner (a girl she said looked about 10) standing there in horror crying. A cop happened to drive by, pulled over and shot the pit bull. Thank god that cop happened to be there.

A somewhat similar situation happened to me last year. I came across a stray pit bull acting somewhat aggressively toward a woman who was walking her dog. I pulled my car right up to the three of them and kept the horn down while the wife called the police. That distracted the pit bull a bit.

The dog didn't bite anyone and probably was friendly, but the woman was scared and was trapped. Orange police didn't respond for 10-15 minutes after our call. In fact, animal control beat them to the scene.

http://abc30.com/news/pit-bull-set-to-be-euthanized-after-attack-on-baby-stolen-in-tulare-co/475596/

I'm glad someone broke the innocent dog for dudes with masculinity issues out of dog jail. Who cares that it ate an infants face?!

The most unbelievable thing about the story is that despite attacking a young child, the pitbull still had his "case" heard by two cops, and then had an "appeal." These aren't human beings, for Christ sake. They are animals that should be put down (humanely) the moment they show aggression.

• 6 months later...

The irony of the story is that the victim owns a pit bull and is apparently worried that the two pit bulls which attacked him will be put down. I guess that is one of the problems with pit bulls: dumb though they may be by dog standards, they are generally smarter than their owners.

Edited by wopphil