• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Arte should clean house

I think Sosh has been here long enough.

But Dipoto is just as much to blame.  Only Weaver and Downs are left from Reagins/Stoneman pitching staff.

In the field Ianetta, Pujols, Hamilton are his.    It really can't be argued that this isn't his team with his stamp on it.

They have a lot of money tied up into 3-4 players and that doesn't include the inevitable long term deal for Trout. I don't know how much wiggle room they'll have to do things. They need A LOT of help with the pitching and rebuilding the farm will take more than 1 good draft

It may be time for Arte to just accept that the team has to take a step or 2 back for the next  year or 2 before they can get back to being a contender. Constantly overpaying for FA's act as weak band-aids and just pile on more to the mess

If they can somehow move CJ Wilson or at least have a team eat a good amount of what he's owed, that would be great. I don't really see the reason to trade Callaspo, Kendrick or Aybar. They have no replacements for them and are on reasonable deals anyway(Callaspo's deal will be up just in time for when Cowart should be ready)

They could move Vargas at the deadline this year for a mid level prospect or something. He's a decent pitcher who is a FA after the year so that should have some value to a contender looking for another solid arm.

Here is how I see it:

This season is a bust.  This team will most likely end the season with a losing record.  There are no changes that can be done at this point to help the Angels.  You just go with what you got and hope that eventually Trout, Pujols and Hamilton will get hot.  Now, by the trade deadline, if some teams call asking to make a trade and the trade benefits the Angels, you do it.

As soon as the season ends, you fire the entire coaching staff and then see what moves can be made to change the team for 2014.

You know I used to think the Angels problem was pitching (and yes it is bad) but here is something I just thought of. Even if you had 5 pitchers who pitched lights out for you your offense still has to produce and score runs. Losing 1-0 2-0 2-1 3-2 still doesn't help.

I couldn't even tell you where to begin on this problem. So many holes need to be filled and certain players need to step it up or go on the DL or AAA to get themselves back in the swing of things.

All I know is that people need to be held accountable and heads need to roll or what are they waiting for? The Angels to be 15-20 games out of it? 

waiting is the only thing they can do. it's like the famous expression says, "buy the ticket, take the ride."

the angels have to take the ride, until they are afforded new opportunities. it's definitely going to take a lot of imagination.

Arte is as much responsible as JD or MS. 

I'm not sure, Doc.  If you take Arte at his word, he says he doesn't get involved in baseball operations (on the field).  To be sure, he had to approve of the huge deals, but he has to rely on the guys he has hired.  IMO the blame falls on JD, because the pitching staff he has assembled viz. Blanton and Hanson are terrible.  The bullpen is a bit different, because of the injuries.  The signings of Pujols, Wilson and Hamilton will turn out to be horrible.  And to think we thought the trade for  Vernon Wells was the worst thing we had ever seen 

waiting is the only thing they can do. it's like the famous expression says, "buy the ticket, take the ride."

the angels have to take the ride, until they are afforded new opportunities. it's definitely going to take a lot of imagination.

Very true, but they can still get a new driver to take them on that ride.

I'm not sure, Doc.  If you take Arte at his word, he says he doesn't get involved in baseball operations (on the field).  To be sure, he had to approve of the huge deals, but he has to rely on the guys he has hired.  IMO the blame falls on JD, because the pitching staff he has assembled viz. Blanton and Hanson are terrible.  The bullpen is a bit different, because of the injuries.  The signings of Pujols, Wilson and Hamilton will turn out to be horrible.  And to think we thought the trade for  Vernon Wells was the worst thing we had ever seen 

Hanson is 2-1 with a 3.86 ERA, 1.42 WHIP.  That's not terrible.  The rest I agree with.