• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

• 1 month later...

Latest big hike.  San Gorgonio, the highest peak in Southern California.   It's a beautiful hike through the forest.  The Baldy hike must have helped because while I was exhausted at the end of the hike.  It felt nothing like Baldy.  And Gorgonio was defnitely harder.  I'm thinking of Jacinto next, but cheating and taking the tramway halfway up if it ever opens.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:31 AM, Blarg said:

please-wash-your-hands-for-20-seconds-or

Fuck camping in a tent. 

I have had this happen with bears in Kings Canyon. Happened every morning for the four mornings we were there. They would walk through camp, sniff the tent (you could see the tent walls going good in and out) and then they would leave and head to the river. Scared the shit out of me the first time. By day 4, it was just part of our day. 

we literally kept nothing in the tent with a scent. No food, no toothpaste, no deodorant, nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest hike.  Was going to do Mt. Wilson, but Chantry Flats is still in panic mode and closed till June 12.  So it was to alltrails, and looking for a new trail.  Then realized Mt. Lowe was the one I have wanted to do for a few years.  And probably one of the better hikes I have done, just for the history lesson.  @Tank  A lot of things I didn't know that was in my backyard.  Anyways, I'm still working on the video, this one will have the historical information that I have taken pictures of.  It's not an easy hike at all, took me about 7 hours to complete the hike.  So enjoy the pictures till the video is up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PQSJgCHuBmb5NiqaA

On 5/29/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sully151 said:

I have had this happen with bears in Kings Canyon. Happened every morning for the four mornings we were there. They would walk through camp, sniff the tent (you could see the tent walls going good in and out) and then they would leave and head to the river. Scared the shit out of me the first time. By day 4, it was just part of our day. 

we literally kept nothing in the tent with a scent. No food, no toothpaste, no deodorant, nothing.

Had a similar experience camping at Whitney Portal last year.  For a month before we went my wife was in a panic about bears because of what she read online, I kept teasing her about it because, though I know there are bears all over these camp sites, it's not like you hear much about bear attacks.  Anyway, first night, just after sunset, I'm a few whiskeys in around the campfire and my wife suddenly grabs my arm and a huge bear emerges out of the woods about 10 feet from us.  And it just wandered right by me, sniffed the bear locker, then went on to the next site.  By day 3 it was as scary as a loose dog.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Latest hike.  Was going to do Mt. Wilson, but Chantry Flats is still in panic mode and closed till June 12.  So it was to alltrails, and looking for a new trail.  Then realized Mt. Lowe was the one I have wanted to do for a few years.  And probably one of the better hikes I have done, just for the history lesson.  @Tank  A lot of things I didn't know that was in my backyard.  Anyways, I'm still working on the video, this one will have the historical information that I have taken pictures of.  It's not an easy hike at all, took me about 7 hours to complete the hike.  So enjoy the pictures till the video is up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PQSJgCHuBmb5NiqaA

wow, that looks interesting. not too many places from back then had a rail system AND tennis courts.

btw, nice quarantine whisker action.

Alright, here is the video of Mt. Lowe.  Overall, wasn't the most scenic hike I've done.  But it was just a great historical hike that I'd recommend if you could do it.  The total hike was about 15 miles, and took me about 7 hours to complete.  

• 2 weeks later...

Latest hike. #4 on the Southern California 6 pack of peaks, Cucamonga Peak.  Summit elevation 8859 feet.  In and out about 11.6 miles. 

This one was one of my tougher one's.  Probably harder than Gorgonio, because it was just a steady incline all the way up, with little break.