• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Out of curiosity, what rods and reels do you prefer to use? 

I have around 20 different rods, specific to bass fishing that are specific to different techniques.  As far as reels go, I only fish Shimano reels when using a baitcaster.  I have a couple Okuma spinning reels and one  Daiwa for saltwater fishing.  Shimano reels have been good to me and Shimano has incredible customer service. 

My favorite rods were custom built by Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos.  I have/had four of them.  I say "had" because I lost two of them when I flipped my kayak in early September (long story). 

My favorite way to fish is with a lipless crankbait and I use a G-loomis rod for that technique.  I also have rods by Dobyn's, Okuma, Powell, and others.  I'm going to try a new company called iRods to replace one of my custom rods that I lost.

Edited by True Grich

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't remember which lake it is but there is one in San Diego county that has produced some hogs 

San Diego has some of the best bass lakes in the state.  There are so many, but I rarely get down there to fish them.

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I have around 20 different rods, specific to bass fishing that are specific to different techniques.  As far as reels go, I only fish Shimano reels when using a baitcaster.  I have a couple Okuma spinning reels and one  Daiwa for saltwater fishing.  Shimano reels have been good to me and Shimano has incredible customer service. 

My favorite rods were custom built by Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos.  I have/had four of them.  I say "had" because I lost two of them when I flipped my kayak in early September (long story). 

My favorite way to fish is with a lipless crankbait and I use a G-loomis rod for that technique.  I also have rods by Dobyn's, Okuma, Powell, and others.  I'm going to try a new company called iRods to replace one of my custom rods that I lost.

I don't bass fish that often but I do have a couple of G-Loomis Ex6 rods but I use spinning gear. I do have some Shimano calcuttas that I use for inshore, ocean fishing. I'm much more into the trout fishing utilizing light and ultralight gear. I have a few Shimano and Pfluger reels that I really like. 

Lake Hodges by Escondido I heard is good for bass

Lake Hodges has largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill, channel catfish, bullhead and carp. The minimum size limit for bass is 15 inches and 10 inches for crappie. Fish limits are five bass, five catfish, 25 crappie and bluegill in aggregate, with no limit 

https://rockymountainrec.com/lake-facilities/listing/lake-hodges#:~:text=Lake Hodges has largemouth bass,no limit on other species.

Edited by Redondo

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

That's a lot of text to say you are single.

58 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Lake Hodges by Escondido I heard is good for bass

Lake Hodges has largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill, channel catfish, bullhead and carp. The minimum size limit for bass is 15 inches and 10 inches for crappie. Fish limits are five bass, five catfish, 25 crappie and bluegill in aggregate, with no limit 

https://rockymountainrec.com/lake-facilities/listing/lake-hodges#:~:text=Lake Hodges has largemouth bass,no limit on other species.

I've never fished there, but it is well known for being a great bass fishery.  Unfortunately, like most of the lakes in San Diego, they have limited hours, days and even seasons that they're open.

You’ve probably never heard of Aaron Martens.  Fact is, most people have probably never heard of him even though he is quite famous within the bass fishing community.

Sadly, he passed away yesterday after a two year battle with brain cancer.  His nickname was the “Furious Hog Snatcher.”  Big bass are often called “pigs or hogs” and he was one of the best at catching them.  He did this in his own unique way.  He was innovative and creative in his approach to bass fishing. 

Every now and then someone comes along in an industry or a sport or a field or some arena that allows them to stand out in a monumental way. That was Aaron Martens.  And even though was an incredibly impressive bass fisherman – the way people talked about him is what made him special.  He was funny and creative.  He was incredibly genuine and authentic.  He was kind and giving.  He was a Believer and a tremendous role model.  He was such a positive force and a light in this world.  He was a legend.

I had the pleasure of hearing him speak in person a couple times  and I am incredibly saddened to hear about his passing.  He was only 49 years old.