• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

29 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Beautiful pictures

Twisted my leg at work so I couldn't hike up the mountain this weekend

Next weekend

Finally open after a fire had it closed all summer

That's ok.  I barely made it up the mountain today.  4 weeks off, and it turned me into jelly.  Breathing was good.  Mind was good.  I was eating for energy.  But my calves and knees didn't want any part of the hike.  Especially my left side.  Which then made my right side hurt later since I was compensating.  

I guess it's time to wear my long knee compression things again.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Just out of curiosity, how does one go about collecting bear urine in sufficient quantities to boil for consumption?

it involves a large erhlenmeyer flask, a red bandana, two frying pans, and a medieval knights helmet. once you have those things, just follow what your heart tells you.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

WTF?  2 adults, an infant and a dog all die from hyperthermia and "probable" dehydration?  Might as well say alien deathray.  

Cause of death revealed for California family found dead on hike near Yosemite

I've been waiting for the outcome of this too and it's pretty hard to comprehend, considering how close they were to their car, can't believe one of them couldn't make it out of there to save their child.  I think they were from the bay area originally so maybe the steep route combined with unexpected 105+ heat and direct sun was just something they'd never experienced.  Happens all the time in the desert but this seems highly unusual.  The dog is a head scratcher too, considering they weren't far from the river.   Here's a map of their route I found in a separate article.  

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.03.49 PM.png

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I hate rabbits so much! I cannot keep them away and they have destroyed my lawn 

I had to replace my lawn with turf

They dug too many holes to lay in

Now they leave it alone

We have about 5 come to our backyard everyday to hang out under our bushes to hide from the hawk

My wife feeds them vegetable scraps

Have a whole flock of quail living in 2 of our ficus trees

They come home every night to sleep

Had a bobcat stay over one day

Doves and blackbirds hang out here also from time to time

14 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

"No! I don't want to f%$& extend my car warranty!!!

My wife demands we keep a land line which is has been all spam except for one call a week from her Aunt. Yesterday I was downstairs making breakfast when the phone rang and I usually let it go to voice-mail or hang up by itself. This time I answered fully prepared for a robocall and hang up, instead it was my doctor from USC inviting me to join a webinar.