• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

I went to the Heather Ridge Costco last weekend and had to park in the northern most part of the lot. Still editing the video for other hikers to review before committing to such a grueling trek. 

They'll be fine. I have it on good authority that the big box stores employ Interventional cardiologists for just those occasions. 

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

I went to the Heather Ridge Costco last weekend and had to park in the northern most part of the lot. Still editing the video for other hikers to review before committing to such a grueling trek. 

At least you can grab a dog and a soda for $1.50 to replenish your energy.

12 hours ago, Adam said:

A successful day hike like that is good preparation for parking in the farthest nether regions of the Mickey & Friends parking structure at Disneyland and walking all the way to the escalators and then walking to the entrance of the park. 

If you really want to increase the degree of difficulty, bring along a double wide stroller, a diaper bag, and your own food for the day.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

A successful day hike like that is good preparation for parking in the farthest nether regions of the Mickey & Friends parking structure at Disneyland and walking all the way to the escalators and then walking to the entrance of the park. 

If you really want to increase the degree of difficulty, bring along a double wide stroller, a diaper bag, and your own food for the day.

I saw a show about that on the Discovery Channel.  Ten contestants and none of them made it. 

Went for my walk this morning at 4:30 along the river

Saw a lot of rabbits and the quail were up and making noise

Came around a corner at about 5:20 and there was a skunk about 25 feet away looking right at me with his tail up

I considered going up the hill to my right but he started to move toward the river

Didn't get a chance to take a picture

We do have them along the river along with raccoons and beavers

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Redondo said:

He really made a mess

Glad no one got hurt

Was your food in a tree?

Naw.  I think we just got lazy over the last year.  Usually we put the food between yucca plants, and only in the metal sealed buckets.  (Bears don't like to get poked either)  But lately some of the guys have been putting food in whatever container is convenient, usually plastic one's.  The weird thing is, there was no food in any of the tents.  So the bear must have recently hit a tent that had food.  Because he was looking hard.