• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hate speech

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Then I totally agree, except for government run universities.

All universities have some form of moral code they expect both students and staff to adhere to.  If a speaker goes against these principles they should be able to decline the event.

Christian schools for a long time have banned students from acting openly gay.  In that same spirit all schools should ban openly racist individuals from campus and not have to fear the federal government might take their funding away.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

All universities have some form of moral code they expect both students and staff to adhere to.  If a speaker goes against these principles they should be able to decline the event.

Christian schools for a long time have banned students from acting openly gay.  In that same spirit all schools should ban openly racist individuals from campus and not have to fear the federal government might take their funding away.

Private vs. public is a gigantic distinction.  

Also, if you ban racists how about those radical Islamists?

Edited by mtangelsfan

22 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yes, let's ban them.

Logistical question:  What does it mean when we "ban" people?  (Other than kicking them off AW) 

Not sure, rico brought up the notion.  I would assume he means they are not allowed on the campus for any reason.

If the state or federal government is going to get in the business of running a University, all past present and future students should have the same rights and protections the federal government has granted them as regular citizens.

The workers at those universities are effectively government employees, and them restricting free speech is a clear violation of the first amendment.

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If the state or federal government is going to get in the business of running a University, all past present and future students should have the same rights and protections the federal government has granted them as regular citizens.

The workers at those universities are effectively government employees, and them restricting free speech is a clear violation of the first amendment.

Agreed.

Also, why are you hiding your amazing development of a time machine from the rest of the world?

5 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

and them restricting free speech is a clear violation of the first amendment.

I just don't equate not giving these guys a platform as the same as restricting their free speech.  They can still say whatever they want to say, they can rent out a private auditorium for their gatherings.  

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I just don't equate not giving these guys a platform as the same as restricting their free speech.  They can still say whatever they want to say, they can rent out a private auditorium for their gatherings.  

And if a public university allowed a Christian speaker to speak but told the Islamic speaker to rent a space off campus?

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

And if a public university allowed a Christian speaker to speak but told the Islamic speaker to rent a space off campus?

I very clearly stated "if it is against the moral code of the school."  Now, is there a valid reason why Islam would be banned at schools?  Is Islam as a religion somehow equal to Neo-Nazi ideology?

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

I very clearly stated "if it is against the moral code of the school."  Now, is there a valid reason why Islam would be banned at schools?  Is Islam as a religion somehow equal to Neo-Nazi ideology?

Ask the people splattered across Las Ramblas. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

You didn't clearly answer my question.