• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SPs you'd rather see tonight than Nolasco

zenmaster

Nolasco has given up perhaps more HRs than any other AL (or perhaps MLB) pitcher this year.

but, I think he gets a bad rap here -- we didn't spend much to acquire Nolasco. We got him to be our fourth/ fifth starter and to eat some innings.

He's done that for us this and with most of the expected rotation on the DL for parts of the season, Nolasco has stepped in an filled a key spot in the rotation.

It can be frustrating to watch him give up dingers........but lately, if he can pitch 5/6 innings, keep the Halos within striking distance and turn the game over to the pen - well, that's OK.

And that's pretty much what we can expect. Would you rather have Santiago still with the team /in the rotation?  That's who we sent to Minnesota for Nolasco.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think at this point Scioscia tells Nolasco today...look, you are going at least 6 innings...don't care if you give up 0 runs...or 20...how the ball is coming out of your hand...you are on the bump for at least 6 today.

This seems accurate. But my money says Nolasco throws a gem - 8 innings pitched 1 or 2 earned runs. The pen then takes over for innings 9 through 15.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:57 PM, Homebrewer said:

Even you can't question my "fandom", and it has nothing to do with me being a fan or not. It's a question of whether I'll buy into such bullshit.

So, are you a bullshit stockholder now?

Edited by Blarg

• 2 years later...