• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election Thread

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Why did i know that was coming up... I think they are all idiots, these moronic asshats playing wannabee nazi can go straight to hell, right along side those who think they need safe spaces from every white person.  What i see is a lot of people legitimizing racism on one side and crying about it on another as though its somehow different.    

As far as Hillary and her details, no, i didnt believe her at all.   As you say shes been in politics a long time and she said what she needed to say to give the appearance of a platform, but it was all just politics.    What she said, and what she did, didnt line up.  She didnt care at all about anything outside the liberal metro areas, didnt even bother to campaign there, its a simple case of actions speaking louder than words.  Now dont get me wrong i damned sure didnt believe Trump either i knew he was full of shit, but at least he didnt try to lie about it.   No, i didnt vote for him, or her.    

I agree that they made a significant error not fighting harder for blue collar voters in places like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  

I do believe that she held moderate positions largely however.  I don't think she would have been elected and then moved left of Obama. 

32 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree that they made a significant error not fighting harder for blue collar voters in places like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  

I do believe that she held moderate positions largely however.  I don't think she would have been elected and then moved left of Obama. 

No, but she would have gotten elected and then abandoned those blue collar voters to move back to Obama, this is precisely why i found her disingenuous and didnt buy her as a moderate. 

The democrats have their problems but let's not forget that Hillary wasn't the first one to lose to Trump. How many crappy republicans (Kasich seemed decent enough but didn't stand a chance unfortunately) got curb stomped by him first? They have their work cut out for them as well, especially since Trump now represents their party. 

We've been waiting for an outsider for so long and yet it had to be Trump. Sad state off affairs these two parties have left us. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

The democrats have their problems but let's not forget that Hillary wasn't the first one to lose to Trump. How many crappy republicans (Kasich seemed decent enough but didn't stand a chance unfortunately) got curb stomped by him first? They have their work cut out for them as well, especially since Trump now represents their party. 

We've been waiting for an outsider for so long and yet it had to be Trump. Sad state off affairs these two parties grave left us. 

Yep. Real leadership is non existent 

21 hours ago, Kevin said:

We've been waiting for an outsider for so long and yet it had to be Trump. Sad state off affairs these two parties have left us. 

One thing to say about the republican party.  At least they didn't make a mockery of their party elections and already have their candidate selected.  The party voted, and they voted for Trump.  Right or wrong, they voted for him, and because they voted for him, the entire party got behind him. 

For Clinton.  There was so much shenanigans going on.  The one I loved was where Sanders won a state, and yet because of superdeligates, only got like 25% of the delegate vote.  His call to support Hillary was more of a why?  There was no rallying of the troops in the party to get behind her. 

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

One thing to say about the republican party.  At least they didn't make a mockery of their party elections and already have their candidate selected.  The party voted, and they voted for Trump.  Right or wrong, they voted for him, and because they voted for him, the entire party got behind him. 

For Clinton.  There was so much shenanigans going on.  The one I loved was where Sanders won a state, and yet because of superdeligates, only got like 25% of the delegate vote.  His call to support Hillary was more of a why?  There was no rallying of the troops in the party to get behind her. 

The entire party didn't get behind Trump.  The Republican Party is incredibly fragmented. 

The democrats are as well.  

Jason is right there is a great lack of leadership. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The entire party didn't get behind Trump.  The Republican Party is incredibly fragmented. 

and it comes at the expense of the American people. 

22 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Democrats did one of the few things they could have done to unify the Republicans in 2016, especially with Trump holding the banner. Run HRC.  How messed up is the Democratic Party if the possibility of Trump couldn't unify them more than it did?

Seems applicable (Ignore clickbaity title).Red may not be secretly worried but he should be openly worried. Even a 10% chance of more Trump , and his chances are certainly better than that in a fair election let alone in the alternative, should be more than enough to warrant that.

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The Democrats did one of the few things they could have done to unify the Republicans in 2016, especially with Trump holding the banner. Run HRC.  How messed up is the Democratic Party if the possibility of Trump couldn't unify them more than it did?

Well, they're every bit as messed up as the GOP.  The Dems have their own alt-left problem to deal with.  The Bernie Bros, the SJW crowd, all the people who watch the Young Turks.  They want to take the party much farther left than the typical moderate Dems want to go.  The Dems problem is that's where the passion and activism is, so they can't ignore it. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Well, they're every bit as messed up as the GOP.  The Dems have their own alt-left problem to deal with.  The Bernie Bros, the SJW crowd, all the people who watch the Young Turks.  They want to take the party much farther left than the typical moderate Dems want to go.  The Dems problem is that's where the passion and activism is, so they can't ignore it.

As long as the louder voices continue to engage in their ideological cleansing they'll make the right seem like a paragon of unity, even if Trump would seemingly make that impossible.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I actually think the Dems forcing Hillary down our throats is what gave rise to Trump.   The Reps had to go as batshit the other direction to compete and polarize middle america or they were going to get overrun by the metro liberal hotzones.  

Lets be honest we all knew 8 year prior the Hillary was the next Dem candidate from the back room deals, it was obvious, it forced the Reps hand and this is the resulting mess.  Trump being the obvious Rep candidate happened FAR later than Hillary being the obvious Dem.

Both sides had far better candidates they could have run.

I'm not sure who outplayed who or who failed the most in the end, but i know were all going to pay for it either way.  

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

The reps shouldn't get to blame the dems for Trump.  While some of their actions led to his rise, the reps had their shot to get him out of there.  They bungled by running out 10 candidates that had almost no appeal or originality.

it isnt a matter of blame, it was a matter of necessity.  Can you think of any other Rep that would have even had a chance against Hillary?  They had to go to the other end of the batshit scale.  He just happened to be the most batshit on that side, lol  
Im independent, i didnt vote Dem or Rep as I didnt want either on my conscience, but as such i do believe that if the Dems hadnt forced Hillary on us the Reps never nominate Trump. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

The reps shouldn't get to blame the dems for Trump.  While some of their actions led to his rise, the reps had their shot to get him out of there.  They bungled by running out 10 candidates that had almost no appeal or originality.

I'd be more inclined to agree if prominent voices on the left in media weren't eagerly urging people to cross sides and vote for Trump in the primaries. They get a prominent seat at the blame dinner.