• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Of course he's not going to do anything. There is nothing he CAN do.

And for those who place the blame on Dipoto, assume that signing Josh Hamilton was what Arte wanted. Given the salary constraints, what would you have done?

Remember, Greinke was already gone by the time Hamilton was even signed. And the decisions had to be made on Haren and Santana within the first couple of weeks after the World Series ended.

Would you really have done any better?

AO, didn't Dipoto place about 35 people new to the organization this year?  Isn't one of them Scott Servais?   I think what you just said is Dipotos' intent from his day one on the job - but just maybe, your owner yanked the plan resources around quite a bit with big name signings.

This is my take on what is going on exactly. I think Dipoto came in with the expecation he'd be given more autonomy to reverse the direction of the organization, primarily through scouting and drafting. Since then I believe Arte has personally intervened and ended up allotted way more money to big splash names (Pujols, Hamilton) in an effort to keep the team in the newspapers. Those moves have cost the Angels a lot of budget headroom and some draft picks, leaving Dipoto with scant resources to work with.

Combine that with a philosophy mismatch between the GM and Field Manager (who has a huge guaranteed contract that the owner is reluctant to eat), and a probably lack of clearly defined roles in the organization and I could see how the Angels situation is such a mess.

To answer your question, yes Scott Servais is one of the people Dipoto hired. Sevais' name has already been dropped in a couple articles as a possile interim manager if Scioscia is fired / bought out / traded. 

Of course he's not going to do anything. There is nothing he CAN do.

And for those who place the blame on Dipoto, assume that signing Josh Hamilton was what Arte wanted. Given the salary constraints, what would you have done?

Remember, Greinke was already gone by the time Hamilton was even signed. And the decisions had to be made on Haren and Santana within the first couple of weeks after the World Series ended.

Would you really have done any better?

I would have signed Swisher. He'll end up being a better player for much cheaper during the next 4 years. I also wouldn't have signed Blanton.

This is my take on what is going on exactly. I think Dipoto came in with the expecation he'd be given more autonomy to reverse the direction of the organization, primarily through scouting and drafting.  

Why would Dipoto think he should be given autonomy to do anything?  What has he ever done really?  He was basically passed over in AZ.