• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Cowart platoon starts tonight!

Glen

So many options available. You have to think either Franklin or Pennington will be sent down but one of them will still be here. 

Will Cowart start tonight and sit tomorrow? 

Will Pennington/Franklin start tonight and Cowart tomorrow? 

Will Cowart sit for multiple games, with the occasional pinch-hitappearance?

What do you think will happen?

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

So many options available. You have to think either Franklin or Pennington will be sent down but one of them will still be here. 

Will Cowart start tonight and sit tomorrow? 

Will Pennington/Franklin start tonight and Cowart tomorrow? 

Will Cowart sit for multiple games, with the occasional pinch-hitappearance?

What do you think will happen?

All of the above.

- Sosh

32 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

He'll split time with Pennington imo. Cowart will have to hit his way into more playing time. The team is still competing for a playoff spot.

I wish him well

Based on the performances of Espinosa, Pennington and Franklin, this statement makes no sense.  If Cowart has to "hit his way" into the lineup, than I have lost any faith in Scioscia's ability. Based on what has transpired this season, Cowart should start the majority of games and demonstrate a complete failure to hit to lose his place.  At this time, Cowart should not need to "earn" a spot in the lineup.  Not one player on the team has done anything this season to "earn" the 2B position.

Secondly, the only thing this team is competing for this season is a draft position. 

13 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Based on the performances of Espinosa, Pennington and Franklin, this statement makes no sense.  If Cowart has to "hit his way" into the lineup, than I have lost any faith in Scioscia's ability. Based on what has transpired this season, Cowart should start the majority of games and demonstrate a complete failure to hit to lose his place.  At this time, Cowart should not need to "earn" a spot in the lineup.  Not one player on the team has done anything this season to "earn" the 2B position.

Secondly, the only thing this team is competing for this season is a draft position. 

I strenuously disagree 

1. Cowart has done nothing to earn a starting position as of yet. If he gets the majority of the starts he'll have to prove his worth at the plate, period end of story,

2. Competing for a draft position, lmao

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I strenuously disagree 

1. Cowart has done nothing to earn a starting position as of yet. If he gets the majority of the starts he'll have to prove his worth at the plate, period end of story,

You're trying too hard.

Platoon smatoon.. we need to give the kid a chance to win the job.  You dont do that by hiding his possible flaws in a platoon.  
We need to know if he s part of the future.. this isnt another roster dumpster dive, we simply must know.  
Im against platooning this kid for now, though i suspects its exactly what will happen.  

41 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I strenuously disagree 

I'm not necessarily talking about this season. There's also the possibility that Pennington is traded and Franklin stays on as a utility player. This would give Cowart his best opportunity ... or the outside chance that Yescobar gets traded.

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

I strenuously disagree 

What has Pennington and his .619 OPS and mediocre defense in 2017 done to truly earn it himself?   Seems like by default that he is the best 2B currently.   Cowart should be able this go around to put up at the very least a .619 OPS with much better defense/arm. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What has Pennington and his .619 OPS and mediocre defense in 2017 done to truly earn it himself?   Seems like by default that he is the best 2B currently.   Cowart should be able this go around to put up at the very least a .619 OPS with much better defense/arm. 

What are you saying? Cowart has a 1.75o ops right now, are you predicting he will tank? Damn, you guys are harsh.

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Cowart will start tonight and go 3-for-4 with a HR.

As a reward, he'll be benched for the next several days.

I'm just afraid he'll have an 0-fer game and then sit for several days. I mean, he was the hero in the W in Boston and got sent down the next day.