• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John McCain has Brain Cancer

5 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

And it's more than "politics". The fuckin guy tries to start a war every day. Who knows how many deaths he and the MIC are responsible for. He's the worst of the worst.

objectively.  John McCain has never encountered a war or potential war, that didn't give him a boner.

12 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I'm not wishing death on him. I'm just saying the country will be better off when he's gone.

Your words "I hope he leaves this planet quickly".    
Regardless, hating someone you do not personally know or have reason to over a difference of opinion still makes you the hater and puts hate in your heart, you might consider that.   Whatever your reason, even if it is righteous (most arent as opinion isnt fact) the fact remains that youve become the hypocrite.  
Politics have become the new religion, for the determent of us all. 

Okay okay okay. Question. I'm not defending Lawrence here, BUT....I think its way too simplistic to say that politics should be some impersonal thing that shouldn't matter in real life. It makes sense why someone would have that view about modern day politics, but if you take a historical viewpoint, that is obviously ridiculous. You wouldn't say that someone in pre-civil war south is taking politics too far if he hates a politician who wants to keep African Americans enslaved. You wouldn't say that someone is taking politics too far if they are in Nazi Germany and they end a friendship because their friend supports the holocaust. Sure, these are extreme examples, but I think its a bit arrogant to sit back and say basically "we should look at the man behind the politics, because his politics aren't threatening ME personally." ...you know?

Edit...I think I forgot what my question was. I guess its "you know?"

It's not even what the stated hatred does for the person the statement is directed to.  99% of political hatred never reaches it's recipient. It's what hate does to the one harboring it.  It damages them. Clouds their vision.  Makes it easier for them to hate in the future. Our current political environment illustrates this many times over. 

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

Your words "I hope he leaves this planet quickly".    
Regardless, hating someone you do not personally know or have reason to over a difference of opinion still makes you the hater and puts hate in your heart, you might consider that.   Whatever your reason, even if it is righteous (most arent as opinion isnt fact) the fact remains that youve become the hypocrite.  
Politics have become the new religion, for the determent of us all. 

Hey Pol Pot and I just had philosophical differences. No need to be a hater. 

3 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Hey Pol Pot and I just had philosophical differences. No need to be a hater. 

Exactly my point. And that's also why I think the reaction on the left against Trump when he was first elected was totally justified- at least as a reasonable reaction to a political event. ;D

7 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Okay okay okay. Question. I'm not defending Lawrence here, BUT....I think its way too simplistic to say that politics should be some impersonal thing that shouldn't matter in real life. It makes sense why someone would have that view about modern day politics, but if you take a historical viewpoint, that is obviously ridiculous. You wouldn't say that someone in pre-civil war south is taking politics too far if he hates a politician who wants to keep African Americans enslaved. You wouldn't say that someone is taking politics too far if they are in Nazi Germany and they end a friendship because their friend supports the holocaust. Sure, these are extreme examples, but I think its a bit arrogant to sit back and say basically "we should look at the man behind the politics, because his politics aren't threatening ME personally." ...you know?

Edit...I think I forgot what my question was. I guess its "you know?"

It isnt an absolute.  Its not that they dont matter, of course they do, but allowing it to take over your life and fill you with hate makes you both wrong, and makes you a hypocrite.  You cannot condemn another person for their hate and hate them at the same time for it.  Its simply not logical. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

It isnt an absolute.  Its not that they dont matter, of course they do, but allowing it to take over your life and fill you with hate makes you both wrong, and makes you a hypocrite.  You cannot condemn another person for their hate and hate them at the same time for it.  Its simply not logical. 

So you're saying, if you had a time machine, you don't kill Hitler - not because you are afraid of some weird timey whimey nonsense, but because you think its immoral, even if it means stopping the holocaust.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

I have a friend going through something similar...would not wish this on anyone. I certainly don't agree with a lot of McCain's politics, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

Brain cancer is what killed my mother in law. That was six months after getting a clean bill of health after battling breast cancer. It wasn't a painful death as much as dibilitating as body functions and control slowly shut down over a two month period then a rapid acceleration the last two weeks preceding her death.

Lawrence is a dick.

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

Exactly my point. And that's also why I think the reaction on the left against Trump when he was first elected was totally justified- at least as a reasonable reaction to a political event. ;D

I cannot agree, not to the extremes it was taken.   Especially not when the reasons he won are the DNCs own failures.  
And for the record I am no Trumpster so dont even go there.

2 minutes ago, krAbs said:

So you're saying, if you had a time machine, you don't kill Hitler - not because you are afraid of some weird timey whimey nonsense, but because you think its immoral, even if it means stopping the holocaust.

No, what im saying is that Trump isnt Hitler.   Again why does it have to be such extremes?
Sidenote:  points for the "timey whimey" reference :)

4 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I don't kill Hitler, I interrupt his parents just minutes before conception to change the outcome. Nobody gets a bullet to the head but one sperm in particular never reaches it's target.

Then I go over and knock on Himmler's, Goebbels', Goering's, Globocnik's, Mengele's and Eichman's parents houses at just the right moment to interrupt their special evenings as well.

It's a dice roll to see what children eventually are conceived but at least those seven are not part of history.

And if I have time visit the Lawrence house.

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, what im saying is that Trump isnt Hitler.   Again why does it have to be such extremes?
Sidenote:  points for the "timey whimey" reference :)

Maybe, but he is a man with authoritarian instincts who hates certain segments of the population. I guess my question here is by your moral code, at what point is it okay to abandon civility and say "what is politics to you is threatening my safety, and I am not going to be calm and respectful about this because a persons policy comes from that person." Extremes are useful in thought experiments because they help point out flaws in reasoning. So, to take it further, what make mccain different than trump? is it the fact that he tries to kill people in war, rather than his own citizens? at what point are people allowed to feel differently on that?

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't kill Hitler, I interrupt his parents just minutes before conception to change the outcome. Nobody gets a bullet to the head but one sperm in particular never reaches it's target.

Then I go over and knock on Himmler's, Goebbels', Goering's, Globocnik's, Mengele's and Eichman's parents houses at just the right moment to interrupt their special evenings as well.

It's a dice roll to see what children eventually are conceived but at least those seven are not part of history.

Okay, but how is that actually different then killing? Other than the fact that you can feel less guilty about it.

Again, I don't like McCain, but I also think its horrifying to wish death on him, because decisions in politics are hard. BUT, I also think its bullshit to say that politics are just politics and you shouldn't take them personally or have that kind of reaction to them. This stuff is often important, and it can literally be life or death for people. Its hard to say that about modern politics, but painfully obvious to say it about historic politics.

Trump has used the left's hatred,  manipulated and breeded it,  for his own ends. Pointing at left's hatred,  that he created,  as a way to discredit them.  How many of Trump's defeated opponents lament getting dragged into spending campaign time focusing on him? You may argue that the hatred is justified and you may be right.  But it is ultimately self defeating. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Brain cancer is what killed my mother in law. That was six months after getting a clean bill of health after battling breast cancer. It wasn't a painful death as much as dibilitating as body functions and control slowly shut down over a two month period then a rapid acceleration the last two weeks preceding her death.

Lawrence is a dick.

I'm pretty sure you just violated the terms of this message board mister moderator.

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

John McCain = Hitler?

Good god.  

And as to the point of hating the other side, that is how we ended up with Trump.  If we cannot respect people who have different opinions than us then debate and compromise are dead.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

This really does nothing to address the forces that ultimately lead to Hitler's rise and the Germans willingness to accept his 'final solution.' WWII most likely happens no matter what, just with different details.