• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Benghazi hearings

Really interesting to watch, if you're able.  Members of the committee are only given five minutes to question, so it moves swiftly and there's not much filler/speeches which is usually the case.  And because of the short time allotment, the committee members have to show their partisanship carefully.

While watching, I remembered Whitewater and Filegate, both of which involved Hillary Clinton, in that it's sort of everybody else's fault.  This has the same feel, although with much more tragic circumstances.

I'm watching it on Fox News.  Not sure if it's anywhere else.  Fox News is doing commercial breaks here and there and the chick on there said that they are trying to time their commercial breaks so there's equal time for Republican and Democrat committee members, which is funny.  The network appears very aware that it's a Jon Stewart bit waiting to happen.

You're not even 0.0001% interested to know:  1) Why special forces were told to stand-down during the attack; 2) Who ultimately gave the stand-down order; 3) Who ordered the 'talking points' to be revised; 4) How/why the anti-muslim video was blamed for the attacks; 5) What did the Sec. of State know and when did she know it; 6) Was there a decision made to change the narrative away from terrorism after the attacks so as not to affect the President's campaign for re-election; 7) If so, who made this decision?

I would say I'm probably about 83% interested.  Maybe I'd go as high as 94% after watching some of these hearings.  I would hunch the families of the four dead Americans are 100% interested.

Benghazi: it's like 9/11 times 0.001.  I'm glad the republicans are so determined to get to whatever they think the bottom of this is.  

You're not even 0.0001% interested to know:  1) Why special forces were told to stand-down during the attack; 2) Who ultimately gave the stand-down order; 3) Who ordered the 'talking points' to be revised; 4) How/why the anti-muslim video was blamed for the attacks; 5) What did the Sec. of State know and when did she know it; 6) Was there a decision made to change the narrative away from terrorism after the attacks so as not to affect the President's campaign for re-election; 7) If so, who made this decision?

I would say I'm probably about 83% interested.  Maybe I'd go as high as 94% after watching some of these hearings.  I would hunch the families of the four dead Americans are 100% interested.

Not really, no.  And if you want to play the "dead Americans" game maybe we could have Congress investigating, instead of this, why military suicides are increasing so dramatically.  I have a hunch the families of the 349 military suicides last year would be interested in that.  But evidently, the four dead Americans in Benghazi are much more important.  Why is that? 

To address the other things you brought up, by number: 1 - it was probably a bad decision.  Bad decisions happen in the heat of the moment.  2 - don't really care.  3 - don't really care.  4 - don't really care, but that's politics - politicians manipulate information.  Funny that Benghazi is such a concern when the info leading us to war in Iraq wasn't.  Play the "dead Americans" game with those numbers, too.  5 - don't really care.  This is all to try to smear Hillary for when she runs in 2016.  I don't want her as president and I don't think she'll make it, but this is in the nature of a witch hunt.  6 - don't really care.  7 - don't really care. 

So because Americans are dying over here, you don't care about Americans dying over there?

Let me save you an investigation and sum up why there were so many military suicides last year: They're stressed and depressed due to the repercussions of battle. We want it to stop so let's get our troops home and end these money pit wars.

So because Americans are dying over here, you don't care about Americans dying over there?

Let me save you an investigation and sum up why there were so many military suicides last year: They're stressed and depressed due to the repercussions of battle. We want it to stop so let's get our troops home and end these money pit wars.

My caring tends to be proportional to the amounts of people dying.  I'm much more concerned about 300+ dead from suicide in a year than I am four people in Benghazi.  And I do agree with you, let's get our troops out of Afghanistan and back home.  Why isn't Congress focusing on that, instead of Benghazi? 

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you actually do care and that the 'don't care' tact is just message board posturing.  At least, I hope that's the case.

Yes, it terribly sad what happened and that four lives were lost.  However, why the focus on Benghazi?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-military-plane-disappears-radar-kyrgyz-kazakh-border-102355010.html

Less than a week ago, at least three Americans dead - barely a peep in the news.  Yet, Benghazi is critical.  Why are the dead people from Benghazi more important than these dead people? 

Yes, it terribly sad what happened and that four lives were lost.  However, why the focus on Benghazi?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-military-plane-disappears-radar-kyrgyz-kazakh-border-102355010.html

Less than a week ago, at least three Americans dead - barely a peep in the news.  Yet, Benghazi is critical.  Why are the dead people from Benghazi more important than these dead people? 

I'm guessing the same reason that people killed by guns are more important than people killed by other methods.