• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL realignment

Brandon

I LOVE the playoff format.  Ducks have a much better shot at making the playoffs.  3 out of 7 make it in the division and 8 out of 14 in the conference.  Compared to the realignment that was talked about last year which would have had the Ducks in a division where 3 out of 8 make the playoffs and 8 out of 16 from the conference.  The Angels lose their divisional advantage this year but the Ducks get one next year, pretty funny.

You still have to be good to make the playoffs. I don't see it as any kind of advantage over the other conference. From an odds standpoint, it looks like its an advantage, but you still have to have a good season to make the playoffs. I don't think it's an advantage over the other conference.

I miss the Hartford Whalers and Quebec Nordiques.

Those made for some awesome road trips.

Nothing beat the thousands of Rangers fans showing up at the Hartford Civic Center, turning it into a Rangers home game. It was nice being the home team while on the road. Used to be we had 4 home arenas: MSG, Hartford, Meadowlands Arena, Nassau Coliseum 

All looks solid til you see Division C.  Those Florida teams are getting jobbed.  The new playoff format really doesn't matter much.

744614754.jpg?key=6401044&Expires=136328

The reason for puting Florida and Tampa in that division is that they will make more money from having extra games against Detroit, Montreal, Boston, and Toronto. Those teams have a lot of snowbird fans living in Florida.

I LOVE the playoff format.  Ducks have a much better shot at making the playoffs.  3 out of 7 make it in the division and 8 out of 14 in the conference.  Compared to the realignment that was talked about last year which would have had the Ducks in a division where 3 out of 8 make the playoffs and 8 out of 16 from the conference.  The Angels lose their divisional advantage this year but the Ducks get one next year, pretty funny.

Opens it up for expansion though.  Portland or Seattle for the west and Utah for the central?