• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2017-18 LA Kings thread

Tank

9 minutes ago, nando714 said:

2-0-0 for the first time in 15 years? I had no idea 

going to my first game Wednesday . 

Yeah crazy that my son is 14, will be in high school next year and this is the first time in his life that the Kings started 2-0.

I think the reason we can't remember it...the Roman Čechmánek era.....of one season. 11 game losing streak to end the year didn't help. Dark times after the promising 2000-01 season and to some degree 2001-02 season. 

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Was watching Saturday and kept wondering how come I never saw Gaborik. Then I remembered he's as fragile as Hollywood stunt glass and we discovered he's got some kind of knee issue.

again.

It's turning out to be a rotten contract, at least Brown is doing alright.

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Serious question about Calgary tough guy Matt Tzachuk:   did his dad Keith have a rep for being like this?

First, Matt elbows Doughty in the face in March, and then takes a run at Quick????

Came here to post this

tkachuk is becoming a major d bag.

another good game tonight. i'm liking what i see so far. i don't know what got into brownie, but i like it, a lot.

also good to see martinez back in the lineup tonight. cliffy is on the shelf with the ubiquitous  "upper body injury."

anyone get the clifford zombie bobblehead tonight? it looked great!

On 10/15/2017 at 12:36 AM, Tank said:

another good game tonight. i'm liking what i see so far. i don't know what got into brownie, but i like it, a lot.

Playing on the first line always helps a players production. Kopitar seems to have his center responsibilities knob turned more to offense so Brown is getting more chances to clean up on rebounds and deflecting shots. Brown's offensive game thrives in a crease area so hopefully he doesn't get worn down playing in that rather inhospitable area. I know the coaching changes has changed the Kings style of play, but I think the change in the hooking/slashing calls to the hands strangely has helped the Kings offense more than it hurt their defensive play. It's been mentioned that the Kings may have hooked and slashed a wee bit more than their peers in the past. Though I think this was mostly dirty slander as it clearly was their hands trying to impede the Kings players sticks.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

at 4-0-1, this is the best 5 game start to a season in kings team history. GKG!!!!

Man our team history sets a low bar. I'm honestly surprised since they was a pretty good stretch where the Kings would get off to decent to good starts before flaming out in December or January.

Sutter was already the third longest tenured coach in the NHL when he was fired. Crazy as Sutter is in the group of coaches that burns through their welcome quickly group. The job is a damn revolving door. Though it's funny that they can and have come back after a period of time. But I can't imagine this change in the Kings we are seeing is strictly coaching related.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:24 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Sometimes, a coaching change at the right time lights a fire.    Sutter/Lombardi will always be held in total regard for bringing two SC's here.   But their time was likely up. 

sample size

but i hope carter is back quickly. that's a cringey type injury.

16 hours ago, Tank said:

What happened to carter? Heard something about a cut on his leg and saw a tweet about surgery today?

Took a blade to the lower leg. They are being tight lipped. Because of course they are. But he's either "out indefinitely" or "multiple weeks".  I'll be happy if he's back and productive by New Years.