• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Have you all given up on Pujols?

At this point, they need to find out what the best option is for Pujols foot and do it.  Is it rest?  Is it surgery?  Whatever it is, do it.  He is hurting the team playing hurt.

It is time for this team to think long term with Pujols.

take it from me, if he continues to try to play with that injury it will end his mlb career.

is it wrong to secretly be rooting for this, as it's in the Angels' best interest if his career blows up and he's forced into retirement well short of the 10 year contract? 

Here's the problem, though:

If Pujols goes on the DL, then our power becomes...

Trumbo

<gap>

Trout

<big gap>

Kendrick

<big gap>

Iannetta

<monstrous gap>

Hacksaton

Now, that's fine if you're like me and have finally given up on this season. But if you're one of those who still thinks there's a shot, there won't be any longer.

I don't care that no one with any hitting skill is available at AAA. Get Pujols DL'd now. More important to rest the foot for some 3 weeks, then to continue this terrible hitting over the past nearly a month.

Here's what I'd do. give it until the end of May - if the Angels haven't turned things around then DL him. But May will determine whether this season is salvageable or not, so I think you want Albert in there until it becomes clear that they're done.

On the other hand, even if the Angels catch fire it might be good to DL to get him rested for the stretch drive.

Albert isn't getting mentioned much because we know he's injured.  If he was doing this poorly while healthy, this place would be all over him.  Also, I think we are slowly getting used to him being what he is.  A declining superstar. 

We are not ready for that with hamilton yet. 

Here's what I'd do. give it until the end of May - if the Angels haven't turned things around then DL him. But May will determine whether this season is salvageable or not, so I think you want Albert in there until it becomes clear that they're done.

On the other hand, even if the Angels catch fire it might be good to DL to get him rested for the stretch drive.

I like your second idea better.  He's actually hurting the team right now.  Might as well DL him and if by some miracle the team turns things around while he's out then you have a healthy albert for the second half. 

If they were gonna do this, I'd bring up Cron and let him DH.  I like leaving conger at C (yes, even after his day yesterday)

I like your second idea better.  He's actually hurting the team right now.  Might as well DL him and if by some miracle the team turns things around while he's out then you have a healthy albert for the second half. 

If they were gonna do this, I'd bring up Cron and let him DH.  I like leaving conger at C (yes, even after his day yesterday)

Only so that it doesn't tempt Scioscia into DH'ing him and then pinch hitting for Iannetta so that Conger catches and the pitcher hits.

What is the recovery time if plantar fascitis doesn't require surgery?

What is it if surgery is required?

I recall that Salmon was good to go in spring training when he had off season surgery....so I would guess 3/4 months, maybe less...

Cron is not exactly tearing it up in AA.

And what is wrong with Cowart? He's really struggling down there.

Albert was done before his contract was even signed. He will never be what we payed him to be not even close. He will be between a 250 and 290 hitter here. His max home runs was last year with us. Going to go down as probably the worst contract ever given out to any player in baseball. At least with A Rod he still at least used the juice to produce. Pujols doesn't anymore and clearly you are seeing the effects of breaking down old age and donezo.

I don't care that no one with any hitting skill is available at AAA. Get Pujols DL'd now. More important to rest the foot for some 3 weeks, then to continue this terrible hitting over the past nearly a month.

It might be a smart move.  Its not like we are going anywhere this year anyway.  Maybe taking time off now can give Pujols a couple of years of excellent play later.

I've given up on expecting him to be the Pujols of the past. The days of him hitting .320/.440/.600+ with 40+ HR are over. Halos will never get that kind of production from him

Last season might just be what we can expect for these first few years. .850'ish OPS unitl a gradual decline as he gets older and older