• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Have you all given up on Pujols?

As I read the board Albert barely gets a mention anymore as all comments seem to involve Hamilton.  Just looking for thoughts as to if Albert is on a fast decline or if we now have a 270 kind of BA, about 20 HR and 90 RBI guy for the next two to three years?   After that it appears to be the free fall zone.

Since April 14, he's at .190/.228/.310 with 3 HR and 12 RBI, and 3 BB and 15 K.

Dude needs to just sit down for a long time or have surgery.  Realistically speaking, even someone like Efren Navarro should be able to put up that level of play.  The Angels can't get much worse, so just do what needs to be done.

Nope. But he does need to get healthy, so he needs to go on the DL. That's where mgmt needs to step in and make it happen.

+10 MS or someone needs to step it up and make it happen. I don't think Pujols is going to sit himself he has too much pride (even if it does more damage to his own team)

I just don't see the dedication. He is getting older now, he needs to stay in good shape in the off season. He needs to drop some weight. Kobe Bryant got older and he dropped weight, because he knows the wear and tear of the game when your body gets older.

Pujols is now going to linger on these years. He should be a lot slimmer imo. Now the Angels will probably get a player that  will battle through nagging injuries the rest of his career, where he isn't able to perform like he should.

We have a $250 million investment in this player for the next nine years, with a no-trade contract. If he can't walk, he's not going to be much good for us.

As the other posters have said, management needs to step in and do the right thing. He needs to get well. He's too important an asset to let go to ruin. Two weeks on the DL is a good start.

Last night, against the Astros (who haven't won 10 games), the dude wearing the Pujols uniform K'd after check swinging at a ball, looking at a strike, then swinging through a ball where his head ended up staring at the nacho stand along the left field line. 

My friggin' grandma could'a done better holding an ice pick with a bandanna over her eyes. 

Dude needs to just sit down for a long time or have surgery.... The Angels can't get much worse, so just do what needs to be done.

Not sure rest is the answer at this point, since this appears to be a reoccuring problem....he was struggling in spring training after an offseason of rest so I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the surgery now, get him healthy for 2014, and not have it come up again....give Conger an extended look at DH (it's pretty obvious he can't catch), Trumbo at 1b....

Not sure rest is the answer at this point, since this appears to be a reoccuring problem....he was struggling in spring training after an offseason of rest so I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the surgery now, get him healthy for 2014, and not have it come up again....give Conger an extended look at DH (it's pretty obvious he can't catch), Trumbo at 1b....

Yeah, I'm not sure rest is the answer, either, but whatever is the best option, then just do it.  Like I said, it doesn't seem like he's just going to magically get better and start hitting like the Albert of old--and basically anyone can put up the production he's been putting up for the last 20 games or so.